After four days of riding I felt a bit bummed out, besides my leg gave me a bit of a hard time, so I was ready for a break. Gary was kind enough to offer me the back seat on Leading Ladies, his 2006 Road King, but not before giving the bikes a good clean up. I tried to argue that I would usually not wash my Sporty until season's over, but he made me do it anyway...
Before - After
I tell you, riding with Gary was quite the treat. If I ever had to give up riding my own, being pillion on a Road King is what I'd want to be.
Needless to say that Gary is a safe and experienced rider. He manoeuvred the bike as if there wasn't the extra weight of your's truly to consider.
To be honest, at first I felt a bit intimidated by the crowds down in St. Tropez. Being around too many people usually makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. But with all the beautiful motorcycles and boats around, I managed to completely forget about my issues. Now let the pictures do some talking:
Harleys are nice, but British bikes still get me excited.
| Nice "boat". |
| Hello, Canada! |
We also visited the custom bike show with some awesome models on display, however they didn't look very comfy to ride on.
Harley or Norton Scrambler? Sorry, but I'd still pick the Brit bike.
Look who sneaked into the venue: Bobskoot made it to the Festival, too!
| Nice rods! |
May 8, 2015
***
Impressionen vom Euro Festival
Ich muss zugeben, die letzten Tage auf dem Bike hatten mich etwas ausgelaugt, auch mein Bein hatte sich immer mal wieder über die (Tor-)Tour beschwert. So wollte ich einfach nur mit meinem Kindle am Pool abhängen. Doch als mir Gary freundlicherweise den Rücksitz seiner 2006 Road King anbot, war ich dann doch nicht zu halten. Er bestand aber darauf, dass zuerst die Bikes gewaschen werden sollten. (Ich? Mein Mopped waschen? Die Saison ist doch noch gar nicht vorbei!). Gesagt, getan, danach fuhren wir 'rein nach St. Tropez. Normalerweise fühle ich mich in großen Menschenmengen nicht besonders wohl, aber beim Anblick der vielen tollen Motorräder und Schiffe vergaß ich dieses schnell. Wir besuchten auch die Custom Bike Show, welche mit, sagen wir mal: interessanten Modellen aufwarten konnte. Allerdings sahen die meisten Harleys nicht so aus, als wenn man darauf längere Zeit bequem reisen könnte. Da lobe ich mir doch meine Sporty oder den Rücksitz der Road King. Ansonsten lasse ich dann mal Bilder sprechen...

Wie, Mopped waschen? Geht's noch!? ... Aber gut, es gibt immer einen Haken :-DDD
ReplyDeleteIch konnte es auch nicht verstehen, aber die Harley Fahrer sind halt so...
DeleteObwohl ich sagen muss, Nancy ist immer so eingesaut, dass selbst ich das nicht mehr so klasse finde :-)
DeleteWhat a spectacular location for a rally!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great venue indeed!
DeleteSeems that Bobscoot is having one hell of an adventure. Was that an accident? Or did you purposefully run into him?
ReplyDeleteI knew that there were plans of Gary taking Scooterbob down to the rally, so I was hoping to eventually run into him/it again.
DeleteBeautiful pictures of the bikes and scenery.
ReplyDeleteThe crowds are what would get to me. I'd be the one wandering off by myself as people closed in.
Kudos for bringing ScooterBob along and for Gary giving you a break and letting your ride pillion.
great set of pics SonjaM!
ReplyDeleteAgreed, I had no idea that rallies occurred at St. Tropez.....what a location!
ReplyDeleteAuf dem Road King soll man es ja ohne weiteres bis zum Mond und zurück schaffen...
ReplyDeleteWenn Du da stattdessen mit dem Kindle am Pool gesessen hättest, Du hättest Dir sicher sonstwohin gebissen später. Oder?
Was Putzen angeht, ich versuche das im Moment immer irgendwie gegen das Wetter gegenan. Sinnloses Unterfangen, habe ich das Gefühl...