Pages

June 03, 2015

Spring Challenge


Dar had posted a spring challenge, and I am running late because spring is over, and summer with temperatures around 30C (86F) has been forcing its way through this week.


It was well after 8 p.m. when I straddled my long neglected scooter. Poor Alonzo, demoted to 'steed of duty', didn't get much fun lately. All work and no play...


Inspired by Dom's recent postings I wanted to see if I could catch the sunset. But living in a valley, surrounded by hills this was easier said than done. So, I climbed into the vineyards, blandly ignoring the 'Verboten! Farm vehicles only' signs.


I can't see a female scooterist on there, so it must be ok for me to use these roads. I snapped a few pics. Alas, the sunset didn't turn out as spectacular as I thought they'd be but Dar got her answer to her spring challenge no less.


***

Frühlings-Herausforderung
Dar aus BC, Kanada hatte auf ihrem Blog eine Frühlings-Challenge gepostet, der ich hiermit nachkomme, obwohl der Frühling sich schon fast bei uns verabschiedet hat. In dieser Woche hat sich endlich der Sommer mit Temperaturen um 30 Grad angesagt. Es war schon nach 20 Uhr, als ich mich auf meine Vespa schwang. Armer Alonzo, sonst immer nur Arbeitstier, durfte heute endlich mal wieder nur spazieren fahren. 
Inspiriert durch Dom, einem Moto-Blogger aus Colorado, wollte ich einen schönen Sonnenuntergang jagen gehen. Doch im Tal, umgeben von Hügeln, war das leichter gesagt als getan. Ich fuhr durch die Weinberge, dabei die Durchfahrt-Verboten-Schilder ignorierend - es war ja kein Roller auf dem selben - und knipste ein paar Bilder. Die waren zwar nicht ganz so spektakulär, wie ich mir erhofft hatte, aber wenigstens hatte ich Blog-Futter für die Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Sonja, It is so good to see Alonzo out and about! He is such a handsome devil! He fits in perfectly with the vineyards. Thank you for playing along in my challenge, it is so lovely to see spring in other locations! Cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, you're very welcome. I also find that scooters fit perfectly into vineyards ;-)

      Delete
  2. Such a scoff law Sonja!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome sunset ... obviously no scooters on that sign. We went from almost spring back to nearly winter and are trying to head for spring once more. Global Warming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, that's what I though too, no scooters and no girls on that sign.

      Delete
  4. You could convert the scooter into a farm vehicle by strapping a plastic crate on the back with chickens in it - just like in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick, of cours you gotta ask a Greek how to elegantly bend the law ;-)

      Delete
  5. Nice pics Sonja, enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chill. It is actually getting a little too warm for my taste already.

      Delete
  6. Pretty pictures Sonja.

    I need to take a picture of my allergy meds and box of kleenex for a spring challenge. Grass pollen has moved into the high zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, poor Brandy. Allergies suck big time. I haven't been bothered by it this year (yet) but my time will come...

      Delete
  7. I can't see a Woman Biker on that pic there, only a man and a car ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach komm, ihr Beide habt doch was im Sonnenuntergang ... Alonzo und du :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hach ja, mein Alonzo und ich... Ich hatte gehofft, dass Farben und Kontraste noch ein wenig besser herauskommen würden, aber damit war meine kleine Sony wohl überfordert.

      Delete