At 5PM on Friday the office air was thick and working became unbearable. Outside it had 31°C (88F), and it sure wasn't much colder inside because our company had been too cheap to invest in an AC system. It's my second (and will be my last) summer with this organisation, and I remember last year's promises well: Yes, of course AC shall be installed... well, nope, it didn't happen.
Hoping for a bit of fresh air I jumped on my Vespa, but fully geared up as usual riding was only fun beyond the speed of 80 km/h. So, I blasted down the highway, with jacket wide open. Shortly before turning into the road to our village there is a little pond. I made that detour because... well, I simply love water.
The neighbour village has a cute church, old sheds and... fully packed clothes lines, in this weather drying laundry faster than any tumble dryer.
The weather forecast had released a thunder storm warning, and I was chasing the clouds in quest for rain. But not one drop was falling.
There was my pond, the waters were calm, a lone fisherman was trying his luck. I sat in the shadow of a big tree, listing to the leaves whispering. It was hot, and summer hadn't even started yet.
***
Es wird heiß!
Um 17 Uhr war die Büroluft nicht mehr zu ertragen, draußen waren es 31°C und es war drinnen bestimmt nicht viel kühler, denn das Unternehmen war bisher zu geizig, in eine Klimaanlage zu invenstieren. Es ist mein zweiter (und wird mein letzter) Sommer mit dieser Firma sein, und ich erinnere mich noch gut an die Versprechen des vergangenen Jahres: Aber klar bekommen wir eine Klimaanlage... Nee, Pustekuchen!
Ich erhoffte mir von dem Ritt nach Hause etwas Erfrischung, aber da ich - wie üblich - in voller Montur unterwegs war, wurde es erst jenseits der 80 km/h frischer. Also gab ich Gas und knallte mit leicht geöffneter Jacke die Bundesstraße hinunter.
Kurz vor meinem Dorf gab es einen kleinen See, oder besser: einen Tümpel. Aber es war Wasser, und ich liebe nun mal Wasser. Im Nachbardorf fuhr ich an einer hübschen Kirche und einem interessanten alten Schuppen vorbei. Die Wäsche auf den Leinen waren bei dem Klima bestimmt in Minutenschnelle trocken. Wofür braucht es da einen Trockner?
Die Wettervorhersage warnte vor Wärmegewittern, also jagte ich die Wolken in der Hoffnung, ein paar erfrischende Tropfen abzubekommen. Aber es kam nichts 'runter. An meinem Platz am Wasser war es ruhig, ein einsamer Angler versuchte sein Glück. Ich saß im Schatten eines großen Baumes und hörte dem Wispern der Blätter zu. Es war heiß, und der Sommer hatte noch nicht mal angefangen...
jaaaa, bei dem Wetter tut Abkühlung auf der Landstraße gut ...
ReplyDeletetolle Bilder, da kann ich mich in Deinem Blog nie sattsehen! :-)
Danke für das Kompliment. Manchmal ist das Schöne so nah, und man muss sich nur ein wenig Zeit nehmen, um es zu würdigen.
DeleteI heard that the A3 Autobahn had started to melt! Mrs N got held up for a considerable time....
ReplyDeleteNick, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I had parked my scoot in the lot of the grocery store, and the side stand had left a mark in the 20 mins I was shopping.
DeleteRichtig g**le Bilder. Wer hat das letzte gemacht? War Roland mit?
ReplyDeleteDanke Funny, das letzte war ein klassischer Fall von Selbstauslöser-Knipsbild. Roland weilt zur Zeit im Land der Elche und Volvos, wo Lakritze und Smörebröd an den Bäumen wachsen.
DeleteBeautiful pictures Sonja. Funny how our weather has changed all of a sudden and it is still technically Spring.
ReplyDeleteWe saw 90F (32C) yesterday and today and tomorrow are supposed to be 95F (35C). Thinking we may want to go to the coast but there is a 25 degree drop in temperature. Maybe a little too cool.
Ah, well I don't mind it being cool, Brandy. At least you're not cooking in your gear when on a motorcycle. Today I admit have have been out and about to the grocery store only wearing civil clothes, helmet and gloves. No body armour. But it was just too hot!
DeleteIt sounds like a refreshing way to end the day, a refreshing way to spend an afternoon--despite the heat.
ReplyDeleteThat shed has a great look to it: Nothing beats structures that are old enough to look as though they sprouted right from their terrain. They sure make for good photo fodder.
It sure is pretty around there. I love the heat but a/c is what makes it bearable in a regular working world.
ReplyDelete