Pages

October 03, 2016

Out of Order

Nice view with the Vosges as a backdrop

I recently blogged about two rather meaningless less exciting rides on my motorised steeds, one being Rover, my 2008 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 and the other Alonzo, my Vespa GTS300 SuperSport. It might not have been much to anyone else but to me these outings were meaningful, because they might in fact have been my last rides, at least for this year. This didn't have to do as much as with the change in seasons as it had to do with personal reasons. The above picture shows my home away from home for a few days. There is a nice cafe on the ground floor, it comes with room service and the view isn't too bad either. If it weren't for the rather inconspicuous sign "Notaufnahme" (Emergency Room), you might think of it as some sort of conference hotel. So far I haven't had much experience with hospitalisation, good or bad, but this medical facility definitely deserves high ratings for competence and equipment, plus exceptional service and friendliness. I am very thankful for having been in the excellent care of the capable staff of this facility. While I am writing this, I am back at home resting, out of order still for the next few weeks, eagerly working on my recovery...

Neulich habe ich über zwei eher bedeutungslose Touren mit meinen motorisierten Zweirädern gebloggt. Diese kleinen Ausflüge waren aber wichtig für mich, da sie wahrscheinlich die letzten dieser Art waren, jedenfalls für dieses Jahr. In der Tat hat das weniger mit dem Wechsel der Jahreszeiten als mit persönlichen Gründen zu tun. Das obige Bild zeigt mein Zuhause der letzten Tage. Ein nettes Café im Erdgeschoss. Die Räumlichkeit bietet Zimmerservice und hat eine ganz nette Aussicht über die Stadt. Wenn das eher unauffällige Zeichen "Notaufnahme" nicht wäre, könnte man dieses Gebäude genauso gut für ein Seminarhotel halten. Bisher hatte ich noch nicht viel Erfahrung mit stationärem Krankenhausaufenthalt, aber diese Klinik hat meines Erachtens wirklich beste Wertungen verdient. Kompetente Betreuung und moderne Ausrüstung, ein toller Service und eine total nette Belegschaft. Jedenfalls war ich froh, mich für diese Einrichtung entschieden zu haben. Während ich diese Zeilen schreibe, sitze ich schon wieder zuhause auf dem Sofa, für die nächsten Wochen außer Gefecht gesetzt und eifrig an der Verbesserung meines Gesundheitszustandes arbeitend...


Booked a single bedroom
Formula for gluten free + lactose free = empty plates  ;-)
Post surgery thumbs up

I am the rather impatient type (my better half knows best), and not good at this recovery thing. Not being able (and being allowed) to do anything is a boring pastime, but I'll learn. I am determined to catch up on my reading. There is a virtual pile of books on my Kindle, that I haven't gotten to just yet. I am going to listen to the equivalent of a mix tape that my hubby compiled, read some blogs (wait, I do that anyway), watch some old Sci-Fi movies, plus take a little walk once or twice a day, to regain some physical strength. All is going to be well.

Ich bin gar nicht gut darin, nichts zu tun und nichts tun zu dürfen. Das ist total langweilig. Aber ich muss mich in Geduld üben. Also wird mein Plan für die nächsten Wochen sein, den Stapel Bücher abzuarbeiten, der sich auf meinem Kindle angesammelt hat. Ich bin dabei, mir das virtuelle Equivalent zum Mixtape anzuhören, welches mir mein Gatte zusammen gestellt hat, lese in den Blogs (Moment, das mache ich sowieso), schaue mir ein paar alte Sci-Fi Filme an und versuche, ein bis zwei Mal am Tag spazieren zu gehen, um meine Kondition wieder aufzubauen. Alles wird gut.

37 comments:

  1. Get well soon Sonja, you are in our thoughts. E and N xs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you, Thanks Nick and Elektra.

      Delete
  2. Take good care of yourself Sonja!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My better half will see to that, Geoff ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yes, some of the most mundane rides are the ones most important to us personally. My thoughts are with you. Heal up well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohje...gute Besserung. Das erste Bild war mir schon als KH klar. Bin ja auch schon geübt in sowas einzuchecken.
    Aktuell haben wir auch grad eine Genesende (tolles Wort) zu Hause. Mit neuer Aorta tanzt es sich auch nicht grad lässig.
    Dir alles Gute, und werde wieder fit für die neue Saison. Ist eh Bahpfuiwetter da draussen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Marcus, ebenfalls alles Gute für Deine Genesende, eine neue Aorta ist kein Kinderspiel, dagegen war mein der an mir durchgeführte Eingriff harmlos (sofern man bei Vollnarkose und diversen Schnitten von harmlos sprechen kann...).

      Delete
  5. Ach du je! Notaufnahme klingt immer so gar nicht gut.
    Ich hoffe, es geht Dir bald besser!

    Komm bloß wieder auf die Beine!
    Alles Liebe und Gute!
    Minya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang I missed this posting! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, am am slowly on the mend, thanks.

      Delete
  7. Oh was muss ich denn da lesen? Du krank? Im Krankenhaus? Und dann noch Notaufnahme? Hoffe sehr, es ist nichts Ernstes und du kommst schnell wieder raus. Ich bin mir sicher, du bist dort in guten Händen und hoffe sehr das Problem ist schnell "fixable". Alles Gute und speedy recovery! Bianka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, ich versuche mein Bestes. Es war nicht "ernst" im herkömmlichen Sinne, aber durch Verschleppung wurde mein Gesundheitszustand immer schlimmer, und so musste letztendlich das Messer 'ran.

      Delete
  8. Oh, lese gerade, du bist schon wieder zu Hause. Freut mich! Na dann gute und schnelle Besserung Sonja. Bianka

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the recovery is quick!

    You can post some sci-fi movie reviews...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, the movies I am going to see have been reviewed so many times, so I am going to spare you with my two cents on the topic ;-)

      Delete
  10. Werde schnell wieder gesund Sonja, dass du dein Leben wieder so leben kannst wie du es magst.
    HerBert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön, HerBert. Langsam gehts voran...

      Delete
  11. Oh my - I miss so much when I get wrapped up in my own little world. Hope you are well and riding again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it will take time... baby steps.

      Delete
  12. Wishing you a speedy recovery Sonja!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speedy Recovery, Sonja!! Read those books. The time will fly by, as evidenced when I read 15 books in about 20 days while sitting around hospitals this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my reading speed, I am also going through almost a book in a day. Thanks for your well wishes, Lori.

      Delete
  14. gute Besserung, Sonja! Klingt ja nicht so prickelnd :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Yvonne. Ich kann aus früherer Erfahrung nur sagen, besser hier als in Kanada...

      Delete
  15. I too missed this posting and hope you are feeling better by now. Was it the knee again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brandy. The knee is fine but I found out the hard way that with the years other body parts seem to suffer from wear and tear, too.

      Delete
  16. Hi Sonja, just caught up with your blog; hopefully you're out & about now fully healed? All the best, Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jon, good to hear from you. I am quite alright given the circumstances recovering slowly. I hope you're ok, too.

      Delete
  17. I hope the recovery is going well and that you are on the way to a full recovery. Spring and the new riding season will soon be here! Best wishes, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary. Slowly on the path to recovery, but... baby steps. Hoping for the best for next year.

      Delete
  18. Dann drücke ich weiterhin die Daumen, dass du 2017 wieder mit dem Bobber über die Straßen schlenderst. TeuTeuTeu. Wie du schon schreibst: alles wird gut. ;-)

    Gruss aus R,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Tom, das wird bestimmt wieder, gut das jetzt eh erst mal Winter ist...

      Delete
  19. Feel better soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete