Although I seem physically restored, and should be back to normal by now, I am still hurting which makes my life miserable at times. As part of my pain treatment I got myself into trail running. It tends to help me forget the pain, and also helps reducing the amount of pain killers.
Obwohl ich eigentlich wieder vollständig genesen sein sollte, leide ich immer wieder unter Schmerzen, die mir das Leben zeitweise schwer machen. Als Teil meiner Schmerztherapie habe ich Trailrunning für mich entdeckt. Dabei vergesse ich die Schmerzen und kann auf die Weise den Gebrauch von Schmerzmitteln in Grenzen halten.
The valley was still enveloped in fog, so I made it my mission to walk out of that pea soup. Success! A swift hike led my up to the hill top, and after conquering the equivalent of 75 stories (so says my app) I finally saw the light. It was another good 10k walk/run towards healing.
Das Tal war völlig vom Nebel bedeckt. Also machte ich mich auf, dieser Waschküche zu entkommen. Im leichten Trab folgte ich dem Pfad Richtung Hügelkuppe. Nachdem ich das Äquivalent von 75 Etagen erstiegen hatte (so sagt die App), sah ich endlich das Licht. Wieder ein 10km Lauf Richtung Rekonvaleszenz.
Lovely pictures of sunlight streams SonjaM!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dom. I had hoped that they would work out that way.
DeleteBeautiful scenes. These make me want to get out for a trail run. I hope things get better soon, but I'm glad the running gives you some relief. It's good for the mind even if not so much for the body.
ReplyDeleteKari, you have been an inspiration for me. My body is healing, and trail running seems good for the soul. It's a good feeling that things are progressing.
DeletePersonally I believe that any time we can get out into the natural world helps heal us.
ReplyDeleteWell put, Robert. And it does make so much sense.
Delete...für mich wäre es eine Herausforderung anschließend wieder in den Nebel hinab zu stiefeln. Großartige Bilder sind das!
ReplyDeleteDu kannst mir glauben, es kostete mich tatsächlich Überwindung, wieder in die kalte, feuchte Luft einzutauchen.
DeleteHope you feel better soon - you're definitely doing the right thing, hiking (or running) in the fresh air is better than any medicine.
ReplyDeleteExercise and beautiful photographs too.
ReplyDeleteAll that fresh air is bound to do some healing and good. Hope the pain is lessening for you. Hugs
I agree that fresh air and sunlight do me good, Brandy. Pain is getting less, and what's left of it is manageable.
Deleteohje, ich hoffe, Du bekommst die Schmerzen irgendwie langfristig in den Griff :-(
ReplyDeleteIst neuralgisch... wird schon wieder. Ab nächste Woche versuche ich es mit Akupunktur in den Griff zu bekommen.
DeleteJust magnificent Sonja!
ReplyDeleteAll the best for a rapid recovery from now on and hope that you and Roland have a wonderful festive season :-)
Thank you, Geoff. Things are progressing well, and with the help of physical therapy and acupuncture this are going to be better soon.
DeleteProperly Christmassy which is right and proper as so many traditions of the season come from Germany. Running as pain management...whatever works!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly fits the season. Given the atmosphere on the X-Mas markets snow would be more appropriate than fog though...
DeleteWell Michael, I didn't think I'd say that but running works (I'll never become a proper runner though, I am too slow...)
Sonja, there is something healing in the beauty and serenity of nature. So glad you are feeling somewhat better and are able to enjoy the outdoors. Wishing you the best in 2017.
ReplyDelete