Pages

December 26, 2009

Riding pillion is better than not riding at all

Christmas, California, Friends, and Motorcycles. Balmy temperatures, clear blue skies, and the sun is shining. Need I say more?
My friend Guido gave me a very special Christmas present: A morning ride on his BMW F800GS in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
The wife, Andrea, lends jacket, helmet and gloves to me, and of we go!
My idiotic happy smile is showing despite glasses and helmet. Guido just made my day!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Guido! Riding pillion, or as some of my scooter friends say "riding cupcake" is a wonderful opportunity for some nice road images. I'm jealous of your warm Christmas Day weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, so what did you think of the F800GS? I test rode one at the dealer and found it quite peppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like great fun! Nice having friends in warm places. Heavy snow coming down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SonjaM:

    You are so lucky to escape winter here in the Northland. Enjoy your warm weather and think of us. I wished I had friends in CA.

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to ride in warm California weather. Nice photos - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice road trip! Can't wait to get out there myself!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete