Pages

March 19, 2010

In and Out

At Buntzen Lake near Port Moody, BC
I haven't had the time to think a lot about bikes lately. The last two weeks where packed with work, apartment hunting and finding a car. That's why I had put up a reminder in my office:
The poster is showing Chris Pfeiffer, a German freestyle and stunt champion. Some might know of Chris's ride on the BMW tower in Munich, Germany. Oh, and I managed to book a G650GS for a test ride on the BMW riding days in April.

Bags are packed... off to Kiwi-Land now... more work, but hopefully some time for sight-seeing, too.

7 comments:

  1. We all wondered where you had been. The thought of that G650GS test ride must keep slipping into your mind, even though you are busy. Have fun in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe trip to NZ. And by all means get in some sightseeing. It's beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Kiwiland Sonja! That's a nice first pic by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all for you kind wishes. I will post some pics, even if they don't have motorcycle content. Nevertheless I am taking my basic gear with, and hope to get the opportunity to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy the test ride :-)

    I have an '07 F650GS Dakar, which is mostly the same bike, just taller suspension and a somewhat different appearance. Some time back I had a G650GS for a service loaner, and it reminded me of how sluggish they are.

    The fix for this is to replace the front chain sprocket with a smaller one, thus changing the gearing. I have this on my own bike.

    Here's the Touratech-USA part; I got mine elsewhere as TT-USA won't ship to Australia, and TT-Australia don't sell these;

    http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=SS-14T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja, you'll see my email address on my blog if you have time for a bit of touring in our area or nearby. Safe travelling!

    ReplyDelete