Pages

October 01, 2010

My personal Fall colours

I am alive and kicking, well the latter not so much lately. Pain is tolerable without Tylenol 3, only poppin' the good ole Ibuprofen now. The bruise shines in a friendly yellow with purple spots, and looks very much like a galaxy far, far away. The swelling declines, and I can already bend my knee a little. We are making progress.
I will be reporting the accident in person to ICBC, in case I need physiotherapy to support my recovery, because this would be in my basic coverage, Also, the insurance estimator will visit Nella next week to inspect the damage, and calculate the repair cost. Keep your fingers crossed that the bike's wounds will also be healed soon.

13 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you and Nella both a good recovery! I hope everything works out with the insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja, interesting colorations there.....hope they fade away soon along with the stiffness and pain.

    dom

    Redleg's Rides

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very clever - you personal fall colours. There are some nice yellows and reds in there. I hope you both get better soon. Best wishes from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all every friendly word will speed up my recovery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SonjaM:

    WOW, must really hurt. Remember that hurting is good, it means you are healing. It would be more of a problem if it didn't hurt. Hope you get better soon. If the weather holds when I get back we could do a day trip loop; Horseshoe Bay, Sechelt, Powell River, Courtenay, Nanaimo Vancouver loop. On second thought, sounds ambitious perhaps we could overnight in Nanaimo. In that case we could go south and include Victoria on the return

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your yellow clash or compliment Nella? :) LOL Glad you're healing. -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you heal up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I've been out of town and just catching up with my reading. Glad you are alright, but sadden by your injury.

    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bob: I take you for serious that you are going to take me out to Van Island. Have a great trip to the land of your ancestors.
    @Lori: I like to thing that it compliments Nella's colour.
    @Motoroz and H or H: Thanks for stopping by and sending me healing rays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch! That even looks like it really hurts. When do you think that you'll be able to ride again? I hope things go well with the insurance folks (both for you and your bike).

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Richard: I hope to be able to ride the bike to the repair shop in two weeks time (as soon as I can bend my knee in a normal angle). It had hurt like my leg was cut off. Not an experience that I'd like to repeat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sonja, very sorry to see that you've pranged yourself. Since winter is upon you up there at least you've got time to heal up, get the bike fixed, and be ready for the Spring riding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! I hope you get better soon. I have so many blogs I follow and so little time to read :-(
    You have beautiful roads up there, hope you get Nella back on the road fast :-) Now I'm going back on your blog to see what happened :-(

    ReplyDelete