Pages

October 10, 2010

Back in the saddle

We had a rainfall warning in the Vancouver area this morning but it was only drizzling when I brought Nella to the Beemer Shop in Richmond, where the bike is going be appraised, and hopefully - after approval through the insurance - be repaired.
Here she got already friendly with a lovely orange F650GS of a newer generation.
My knee is still hurting but functioned just fine while riding the 35km to the dealer. I was a little nervous about remounting the bike the first time after the accident, and the weather and slippery roads didn't help much. Wet leaves were creating an additional road hazard, and it took me some time to regain confidence without thinking about the almost-wipe-out two weeks ago. It might take some time to get completely over it, but I'm sure I'm getting there.

Distance: 25 km
Weather: light rain, 9C (48F)

9 comments:

  1. Sonja:
    Takes a while to relax again after any close call. Nature's way of keeping you from harm!!

    Despite the wet roads, gorgeous photo of the Fall foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. And that Nella will be good as new in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back on your bike! A few days of riding will soon see your confidence back to 100%. I hope your knee stops hurting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're doing better Sonja! Short rides sound like a good plan until you get all of your confidence back. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonja, good to see you back in the saddle, your confidence will return...went through same thing after my accident.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see that you are back on the bike. Hopefully all goes well with the insurance in a timely manner.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're back on the bike, and I hope Nella does well in her evaluation. I bet it was pretty scary getting back on with the wet roads and slippery leaves. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! You and Nella will be getting better! :-) Did you have to leave her at the dealer? :( -Lori

    ReplyDelete