Pages

October 24, 2010

Closed for season

While on a hike in the Grant Narrows I noticed an abandoned Honda Shadow in front of a store that had long shut down for the season.
This two-wheeler reminds me of a chained up watch dog, protecting the property, and patiently waiting for his owner to return.
With Nella still in the shop, and waiting for spare parts, the best I can do is watching other riders as they enjoy the last moments of fall. I can however, share their view.
The marshlands are a fascinating area, a bit eerie, and silent. Although close to the city limits you hear nothing but the wind in the trees.
Soon all trees will be stripped naked by the wind, and and nature will have to wait patiently - like the bike - for spring to return.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sonja! It must be a bit of a drag having to garage the bike for the winter, in SA we are able to ride pretty much all year round, even in the middle of winter we still get mild days which are lovely for riding. I hope you get your bike back as good as new real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I'm liking some of the dreary feel to this. It looks calm and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenery. It does have that lonesome feel to it. Nice that you have it close to the city.

    How's your leg doing?
    Hopefully there will be some mild sunny days this fall/winter so you can ride once Nella is up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the rider of that Shadow was just out taking a long distance hike!! Poor little thing. The picture of the marshlands are wonderful. Glad the leg is feeling better all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos Sonja. I hope you're doing better. Soon you'll be able to ride again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. +1 regarding the photos Sonja, just fabulous. At least you're able to hike whilst waiting for Nella or you'd probably foaming at the mouth otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures, yes, as the "rider" said, it sucks having to wait for spring to start riding again :-( I lived in SA a long time ago and miss the mild winters too, maybe I should just move to the south ;-)

    ReplyDelete