Pages

November 19, 2010

Go figure!

Snowfall warning in effect!

It is the first day of wet precipitation with big fat flurries thrown in the mix. It is also the first winter for my young colleague from the Northern Kiwi Island. But why he was beside himself with joy is beyond my comprehension. He doesn’t even ski! If it had been enough of the white stuff on the ground the team would have probably spent the rest of the day watching him building snowmen or making snow angels… from inside with a hot cuppa java, and the heat cranked up.

But coming to the point of my story… Guess who called me today? The shop! OF COURSE, my Nella is ready for pick-up on the very first day that you shouldn’t be on the road on two wheels.

Well, since the bike is already in their (good) hands, and inspection is due in less than 2,000 klicks, I decided to get over with it now, and got offered a 20% discount on the parts. Also, they provide free storage for the bike as long as the weather doesn’t allow a pick-up.

I am considerably excited. Nella will come back soon as good as new or even better!

Picture taken after 11PM on my way home:
(sorry for the bad quality)

16 comments:

  1. YYYAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! Nella is all better! And how is your knee?? I'm so sorry she has to remain away, but as you said, she is in capable hands. Hope you get to see her soon!

    I don't ski, and I loved watching the snow. I can relate to your co-worker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonjaM: I was also planning on riding to the Suzuki Owners club christmas party open house, but not with snow. If you need a ride to PacBMW, Sat am, let me know, as it's on my way to Surrey. If the roads are clear I may still ride but not if it is freezing or snowing. You can come too if you like, you may get a deal on a DR400 or riding attire.

    I can't wait for the snow. I have mounted my 4 snow tires and my camera is ready and waiting for the snow photos.

    weatherman has been wrong before

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's finally done. Time for some studded tires to make up for lost riding time? What did they have to fix besides the plastic? Any running gear?

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Beemergirl: I don't mind the snow on the mountain, but please let's keep it there. My knee is doing quite well. It is still tender to pressure but fine with any movement.
    @Bobskoot: Thanks for the offer. I don't think they will be ready by tomorrow, so I will probably pick up the bike next week when my hubby is around.
    @ RichardM: Oh, no. I am gonna take it slow. No experiments in the snow, at least not yet. Please stay tuned for a list of replaced parts in a later posting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just home from work and found your posting. All I can say is: WOO HOO!

    I read the comments and am delighted that your knee is "doing quite well."

    Good news all around. I look forward to the new adventures of Nella and Sonja.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding news! You are much more sensible than me, I probably would have gone to pick it up.

    dom


    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Circleblue: Thank you kindly, Keith
    @Charlie6: Dom, for me it's lack of riding skills. I have only 6 or 7,000 km under my belt since I started riding again, and never under slushy conditions, don't want to push my luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been grumpy all day, wanting to shoot some photos and rain, wind and cold keeping me in the house or in the car. But having your bike ready to go on the very day the snow shows up...well, your bad day trumps my bad day. I'm happy to hear that Nella is ready to go. I hope you get a little dry weather to bring her home soon.

    snow - ick! I agree it belongs in the mountains!
    I think your snow and cold is heading this way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantatsic.........snow ....fantastic! I have only ever been to the snow once.

    So glad you got your baby back, I don't sleep well when my bike is sick. You can rest easy now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @bluekat: Weird coincident, but at least Nella has it warm and cosy.
    @Raftnn: Stop it! Please. Driving on this slush really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Sonja!!! Well done and delighted that grumpy/stressful times are over (apart from Wet Coast weather packing up big time). May the weather gods grant you a few gorgeous days to re-acquaint yourself with Nella before the truly awful weather arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the bike is ready but please no pictures of snow :-( I don't want to see snow, I'm riding tomorrow and the highest temp is supposed to be 48, why did I join the Polar Bear club, I must be crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Geoff: Currently we have black ice warning ongoing... opportunities are getting slim for this year.
    @George: Polar Bear club, eh? Sounds like the American equivalent to the Elephant Meeting in Germany. Does it involve getting drunk and jump into an icy lake? That would probably be the Canadian version of it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Polar Bear Club. Here you need to chop a hole in the ice then jump in. A sauna really helps. Don't ask me how I know that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm talking about the motorcycle Polar Bear Club. You get points for attending events every Sunday at various locations through out NJ, NY, PA and DE. Starts November 1st and ends in April. You accumulate 30 points and you get a Polar Bear Club badge for your jacket or bike :-) and makes you a Polar Bear rider. I am going to try but I can imagine January or February how cold it's going to be :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news. I am glad Nella is well again. I look forward to reading about the two of you being re-united and riding off into the distance together. This is love, right?

    ReplyDelete