Bikes kept rolling in and the shop talk began.
Soon the lot was full of bikes, and cars became a visible minority (I wish we could have this ratio on the road more often.).
Paolo felt a little out of place surrounded all those high powered bikes. He remained the only scooter that evening.People kept lining up for the barbeque. Not me though. But going meatless didn't mean I couldn't enjoy the mouthwatering smells of hamburgers and sausages.
Kelly checking out my Vespa. Not sure I could convince him to buy a scooter for commuting though.
The Three Stooges, members of the Vancouver Scootering Club.
The light began to fade and I was cold so I headed home, not without seizing a quick photo ops at Fraser River.
Half an hour later, I was on my last leg home it started raining. As it was getting dark quickly now I was really thankful for my hi-viz Olympia jacket and my brand new head lamp.
Paolo's bright eye! Burning like fire...
Wow looks like a great turn-out! Hi viz definitely a good thing, next coat I get will be hi viz, I hate my traffic vest. I tried an Olympia AST Jacket & it is too long in the body for me. I think it will be another TourMaster jacket for me. Love little Poalo he looks so proud!
ReplyDeleteThe vests don't work for me either, too bulky. I am happy with the Olympia. I have an older model, which is nicely cut for my size. Good hunting with the jacket!
DeleteNice night out, early at least. Paolo's little light is like a beacon in the dark. :)
ReplyDeletePaolo likes that: being the beacon in the dark.
DeleteReally like your last two shots. I love that time of day...things are magical and sparkly. I can feel being there.
ReplyDeleteThanks, on these occasions I wish I had a better camera and the skills to use it.
DeletePoor Paolo as the only scooter. I am sure he handled it well.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures as the sun was setting. Thanks for sharing Sonja.
I second the high-vis jacket. Thumbs up. My next one will be high-vis as I don't tolerate a vest well.
Paolo must have felt very special because everybody was ogling him.
DeleteHi-Viz is definitely the way to go, especially now that days are getting shorter.
Sonja:
ReplyDeleteSorry to have missed you there. I didn't go on purpose, I am in withdrawal mode.
there is a secret BBQ tonight at PMS: Pacific Motorsports, between 6-9, and NO I will not be there either
http://www.pacificyamahabmw.com/Events.aspx
I am depressed. My bike is locked up and it is too much trouble to navigate it out of its hiding place. Every morning before I leave for work I have to check my tires to make sure they haven't been slashed
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube
Bob, I half expected to see you there but then I remembered how cumbersome getting in and out of your hiding place must be. Please don't let those vandals get to you. I am sure they have long moved on, and won't come back.
DeleteSonja:
DeleteI was actually going to volunteer to man the BBQ as both Slingshot/Hilton and CDG:Frank said they weren't going to be available. I love EMS
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube
Wonderful evening photos! i especially like the one by the Fraser River. Is the headlamp using a non-stock bulb?
ReplyDelete@Bobskoot You can't let the vandals have this much control over you.
Thank you. The bulb is a non stock H4 light. Makes quite the difference, and is well worth the extra cost.
DeleteGreat evening photos (you know how to use your camera very well!)
ReplyDeleteWe have a couple of regular bike night events here but I've never gone - don't know why.
You mean by 'using it well' pushing the button eh? Yes, that I can do well ;-)
DeleteSonja, you are too modest. Not only do you push the button well, but at just the right time. You have a very artistic touch! I always admire your photos.
DeleteSonja, great post. I find it very interesting that you ride the Vespa to a motorcycle meet up when you have a Harley just as handy. Is that evidence of fierce independence and no fear of making a provocative statement? I think so. Love it. I can be like that too. And as for the photos, love those too, and by the way, it's all about where you point the camera and when you choose to press the button. The more basic the camera, the harder the choices. Nice job on both counts - David
ReplyDeleteBob, I've got it! Park the bike on the street, put a crazy loud disk lock on it, sleep in your clothes, and at the first sound of trouble, bolt out the door with a seriously bright flashlight and a camera. I'm pretty sure that will solve the problem.
ReplyDelete