Paolo's front tire was giving me grief. Brand new, and already flat the very next day. I had pumped it up to check for punctures, and it hold its air until... it was flat again.
Richard was on the right track, a damaged valve core was the culprit. Hence, yesterday evening the Vespa dealer of my choice picked up the scooter, replaced the faulty valve, and today we are back on air and on the road again.
Located west of the Olympic Village at False Creek sits the Vancouver Mill Machinery Building. Hopefully the rusty reminiscence of a once busy industrial area will be restored and preserved similar to the Salt Building below because it makes for a beautiful contrast between old and new.
This district has been completely reshaped with condo developments and waterfront walkways.
Not the worst place to live if you ask me. There is still a lot of construction ongoing but once that's gone, it will be a prime area for those who can afford to pay the price.


I love the image of Paolo's headlight. Made me laugh when I first saw it, thinking of a vanity, face shot. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely area. If I didn't need a garage I would love to live in one of those gentrified lofts.
And if he could blink he would have.
DeleteOh, you can live in a condo and have bike(s), too. Ours live in the parkade on the 33rd basement floor.
Batting an eyelash and winking. ;) hehe
DeleteI think it was Richard from the U.K. (but I was thinking the same thing...) I keep thinking that a scooter would be a great idea for running around town. Especially something like the two-cycle Vespa that Conchscooter is getting ready to pick up.
ReplyDeleteI was just reading about the Honda NC700X and thought it looked really interesting. In some ways it was scooterish.
I agree with the NC700X. I like the looks of it plus you can store your helmet.
DeleteI too love the view through Paolo's windscreen. It must be fantastic to have a light, flexible, little skoot to wander about town on. Glad you figured out the tire problem.
ReplyDeleteThe little scoot is perfect for the city and shorter trips. I appreciate the the storage options when running errands.
DeleteGood to hear Paolo is back on the road. I love your first photo. Great background!
ReplyDeleteThanks, sometimes I get lucky.
DeleteLove the colors of that first photo. So pretty with the building contrasting with the sky.
ReplyDeleteLori has it right Paolo's headlight looks like head shot or a 'photo bomb' shot like he just jumped right into the picture on you.
Yes, it was a lucky shot. Paolo does that all the time, he certainly isn't camera shy.
DeleteI, too, really like the first photo. You responded to Kari's comment but claiming it was luck...I'm sure it was, but I must say you certainly seem to have a lot of "lucky" photos. Is it luck? Or, is the keening of the eye?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the share.
~k
You are far too kind, Keith.
DeleteBeautiful first photo! My favorite!
ReplyDeleteThanks Martha.
DeleteHi Sonja,
ReplyDeleteI'm on the west coast with absolutely no opportunity for a get together. I'm so glad that I managed it back in May, and so sorry that there was no time this trip. Glad the tire issue is fixed.
Bummer. But hey, maybe there's another time.
DeleteMince alors. Mais peut-ĂȘtre la prochaine fois?
DeleteSucks about the bike trouble. I really like the first photo. Well done
ReplyDelete