The uncovered seat, with re-design sketched out on the foam.
A lot of this would have to go.
I wondered to what extent the seat could be transformed.
Let the work begin!
Lots of foam already cut off.
Now the seat pan. Before...
... and after surgery.
With the new seat pan shape further foam shaving ensued.
Just a little more...
Getting closer to the end result.
I wanted the typical 70's scrambler style rib stitches with burnt orange thread.
Another custom request that Janice could easily comply with.
Almost there...
The leather got stapled to the seat pan.
A close up...
... and the finished seat.
An amazing job done to full customer satisfaction.
Copyright to all pictures belong to Janice at Slim's Signature Seats.

















i love it, she really did a fun and fabulous job!
ReplyDeleteThat is quite the transformation, I was surprised she didn't need the bike present to cut the seat pan and design the lines in the foam. Very nice work, I love the orange thread. Can't wait to see the rest of the bike transform.
ReplyDeleteVery cool Sonja..
ReplyDeleteVery nice looking finish. Is the yellow tinted foam more or less dense? I'm amazed at the transformation.
ReplyDeleteIncredible and beautiful work! Impressive.
ReplyDeleteIncredible and beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lot of work. She sure did a fablous job. Nice choice on the style and orange stiching.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you found her!! I would be so scared to start cutting into the pan! But she did an excellent job.
ReplyDeleteSonja,
ReplyDeleteWonderful job. A proper custom seat or top line aftermarket suspension are the best things anyone could ever spend money on. You bum will thank you for it!! Great post.
This reminds me of when I had my seat shaved down. It's an interesting process to watch. Your new seat really looks nice. I love the orange stitching. A nice touch, and a very retro look over all.
ReplyDelete