Pages

January 26, 2013

No Riding? No Problem!

No PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) for me this year. I am spending most of my free time on two feet (not two wheels), and I am perfectly fine with it.

Boots are made for walking! Are you ready, Boots? Start walking!
January came and went, and I walked...
I walked in dry weather,
and in the wet.
I walked in the forests,
and by the sea.
I walked in the snow,
and in the fog.
After the fog there came the blue sky.
And while at it I started to become quite fond of the bird life around me.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful images!! My two wheels are parked for the winter and it has been too cold for two feet!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I hear you. Can't wait for the crappy season to pass.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! And very nice bird photos as well. I'm not getting out as much as I had in the past mostly due to the unreasonable temperatures lately. But still at least 25 miles/week, though -40 puts a damper on my ambition...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, my ambitions are not as high as yours. I am just as happy to be able to pull myself off the sofa and go outside ;-)

      Delete
  3. Two rules! Whether feet or wheels. Love the board walk.

    Keep on movin'.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! We have our most fun and laughs on walks and hikes, sometimes we even hold hands. ;)

    Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. You closet romantic, you. Methinks, Roland and you have a lot in common.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! Gorgeous pictures Sonja! I love walking, it clears my head, let's me think and I too am fond of the birds. I have lost weight from all the walking I have been doing and feel great?

    Again the pictures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, good for you! For me it is no longer about losing weight but balancing it so that I can allow myself to indulge in the occasional sinful food...

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the walking, those two feet have taken you through some beautiful areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are quite blessed with beautiful scenery and great hikes even within city limits ;-)

      Delete
  7. thank you for the great reminder that its beautiful outside! :) great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes you have to remind yourself that it can be beautiful even if the weather doesn't play along.

      Delete
  8. Awesome pictures Sonja. And great job on all your walking.

    We should be out walking more lately, but for some reason just haven't been. Maybe you've inspired us to get out and hike tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is so hard to convince the inner sloth. I know it, I've been there. But after a year now, I need to go outside, and will become antsy if I can't spend at least half an hour a day in the fresh air.

      Delete
  9. Sonja, check this out. I bought this as a 45 record a long time ago....
    Tis boots are made for walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I can't get it out of my head. Thank for this, Gary.

      Delete
  10. One of these days these boots will walk all over you! Are we showing our age ... just little kids, babies even when that song came out right? Love your bird pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a wee bit, just born. But that's exactly the music my parents would listen to.

      Delete
  11. what? Cant believe you parked your motorcycle. Anyway, from the pictures you got i bet you are having much fun even on two feet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bird pics Sonja :)

    Well done getting out there and walking, I was starting to walk every day but the weather has become a touch dangerous for strenuous activity (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). It is good for getting some awsome pic though isn't it and the dog and I have become closer :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you Sonja! If the fresh air isn't incentive enough, surely your local scenery will keep you up and moving. Thanks for the push :)

    ReplyDelete