Pages

July 16, 2013

Withdrawal Symptoms

Ok, I admit it: I am a Scootaholic. I kinda miss my Harley, yes, but even more so, I really want my Vespa! Ever since I have gotten a first taste of German byways on my new-to-me Italian two-wheeler I have the strong feeling that I need more. Much more, and the roads down here in the Black Forest are simply gorgeous.
Alas, Alonzo, my orange Vespa is tucked away in a garage about 400km away. Also, Bella, the red Vespa and Rover, my Sporty are unavailable, still somewhere stored in a container, and anyway will need technical certification (TÜV) before approved street-legal.
So naturally my attention will be easily drawn to any two-wheeler on the road. On occasion I can be found chatting with their owners, or checking out local dealerships, never mind the brand.
 
With accelerated heartbeat I watch every motorcycle and scooter pass by, well aware of the beautiful twisty roads that lie ahead of them. Sigh! I need to get my scoot, stat!
Another week to go before we will be headed North again (to deal with some more bureaucratic stuff and) to pick up my orange companion. Patience, young Yedi!

I'm extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. 
(Margaret Thatcher)

5 comments:

  1. At least there is a date within reach of getting your orange scooter back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quote - and fitting too.

    Cool picture - the second one down - love the way you framed the bike with the sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja,
    I can only try to imagine what you're going through :) It will happen though and in the meantime you're sharpening your observation senses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja

    I hope you get your Moto fix soon! Beautiful pictures! I can hardly wait to see more pics with Alonzo and more of your new place you're living. It must be hard having Rover and Bella in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strength. :) I had been off my bike for far too long, finally got riding out last weekend. Just about went nuts!!

    At least the end is in sight.

    ReplyDelete