Pages

September 01, 2013

Vintage Bike Show at Welschensteinach (what? where?)

When Germans gather for an "Oldtimer" meeting, chances are that you will encounter a lot of old farts and a few blue haired ladies, however what we really mean by this is a vintage motorcycle & car show.
 Oldtimers looking at a BMW vintage hack.
 I'll let pictures do the talk. Enjoy!
 I'm in a happy place.
So many different brands, some of them I've never seen before. I was impressed to find that variety on this fairly small regional event: UT (Motorradfabrik Möhringen 1922 - 1962), VictoriaAriel, NSU
BMW Isetta

Hubby caught me straying... I found a Sportster with equipped with Roland Sands accessory, one of my favorite designers.

Moving on we came across a very popular 'race track', hence the bill board: Speeders lose!
 Ride safe!

***

Oldtimer-Treffen.
Bei unserem Sonntagsausflug kamen wir zufällig bei dem Hinweisschild auf ein Oldtimer-Treffen in Welschensteinach vorbei. Natürlich mussten wir bei dem Ausdruck schmunzeln, denn bei Oldtimern handelt es sich im englischen Sprachgebrauch um alte Leute, gemeint waren hier aber antike Fahrzeuge. Besonders die Zweiräder hatten es mir angetan und ich konnte mich kaum lösen, während Roland die Augen in der vierrädrigen Kategorie über gingen. Der B-Kadett oder die Isetta. Klar, es gab BMW Moppeds und Gespanne, die begeistern konnten, aber die Marken NSU, Ariel, Victoria und UT waren doch weitaus interessanter, zumal diese Hersteller leider den Generationenwechsel nicht überlebt haben. Auf unserer Weiterfahrt ging es dann über eine bekannte Motorrad-"Rennstrecke", was die an Motorradfahrer gerichtete Warnschilder bezeugen konnten. Nicht, dass es irgend wen interessierte.

8 comments:

  1. So my question then becomes...are all these beautiful motorcycles TUV compliant? hmmm? :)

    Kidding aside, I really liked the sidecars you photographed.

    dom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vintage license plate (or 'oldtimer' plate as we say) gets around the TUV as long as every part is original, and no customization has happened.

      I thought of you when I spotted the sidecars...

      Delete
  2. There are some brands there that are very unusual. Nice machines and a great way to spend a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Gary. It is never a waste of time to lurk around on these fairs.

      Delete
  3. So many cool vintage bikes you just don't see over here. I bet it just felt different wandering around the show in Germany.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOooo...I'll bet there were some beautiful machines there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shiny yet old. Wow they all look so facinating, and so many you wouldn't know what to look at first. And there a few i've never heard of which is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of nice looking motorcycles. I bet many long hours went into rebuilding the cycles.It’s great to see the motorcycles of yesterday.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete