Pages

April 25, 2014

Roving about on Rover


The afternoon started with some unpleasant German bureaucracy in regards to my pension plan, and of course I have to come back another time to deliver some missing documents. Note to self: bring originals instead of copies. I should have known better. Hence, I was in a considerable bad mood when I pulled out my Sportster. But not long after bike therapy kicked in. The weather gods were gracious und postponed the rain, and I had a lovely evening ride around the block mountain. The scenic view from my 1,000m outlook was gorgeous, and bonus, I had it all to myself.


I had stopped again in quest for another photo op, when I noticed a fancy sports car pulling into the parking lot to do exactly what I was about to do... taking snapshots of a beloved vehicle. I couldn't resist, the car had to be in it.


***

Herumtreiber!
Vor dem Feierabend lag nur noch eine Hürde, ein Gang zur Behörde wegen der Lücken im Rentenbescheid. Natürlich wollte die Amtsinhaberin Originale sehen, die ich aber auf dem Mopped nicht dabei hatte. Seufz! Also muss ich noch einmal hin. Dementsprechend war ich gelaunt, als ich zu meiner Sporty zurück kehrte. Aber ein paar Minuten später ging es mir dank Harley-Therapie wieder gut. Die Wettergötter waren noch milde gestimmt und hatten den Regen auf später verschoben So konnte ich einen wunderbaren Blick von meinem Lieblingsaussichtspunkt auf 1,000m Höhe für mich ganz alleine genießen. 
An der Schwarzwaldhochstraße hielt ich noch einmal für einen potentiellen Schnappschuss an. Dabei beobachtete ich, dass aus eben den selben Gründen ein niedlicher Sportwagen in den Parkplatz einbog. Na, der musste natürlich jetzt mit auf's Bild.

17 comments:

  1. Sonja, your Sportster - what sort of fuel economy do you get from your new 883? Does the 1200 give around the same economy or worse? How does it handle weight-wise? Vielen Dank. Bis dann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walter, my 883 has an average gas mileage of 4.2 l / 100 km. The 1200 I guess would be somewhat similar. Given that we are talking 500lbs of American Iron, I'd say, not too bad. The low center point makes handling easy but if you are into twisties, the foot pegs will show you quickly the limitations of leaning. If you have more queries contact me via email (sonja dot mager at shaw dot ca)

      Delete
  2. Great shots Sonja and relieved that bike therapy did in fact kick in. I'm not a car guy but that looks like a Lotus (replica?) to me. Both of them in the same photo defines symbiotic in my mind; they 'get along' in other words.

    What are the small clamps on your fork tubes? Windscreen mounts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly that. The smallest legally available indicators.

      Delete
  3. This would rate as a nice afternoon for me ~ :^ O

    ReplyDelete
  4. The car looks like a Caterham kit car modeled after the Lotus 7. Some even use motorcycle engines and transmissions but all are pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikos thought so, too. I guess you are going into the right direction with it, Richard.

      Delete
  5. Mit solchen Bildern machst Du mich richtig neidisch, wow ...
    und Biken als Therapie, das kenn ich, das tut einfach gut ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, ich denke, das gilt für viele, die auf's bike steigen.

      Delete
  6. Pension plan What's that, lol. Glad the bike ride could soothe your mood.

    Great pictures. I love the one with the dramatic sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reight, Brandy. How would you know ;-) It's a socialist thing...

      Delete
    2. And I'm stuck in the Capitalism thing..... Sigh.

      Some days moving back to Canada looks pretty good, then I think there is no where there I'd like to live. Sigh.

      Delete
  7. Great photos sonja, my favourites are they first and last one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Werbefotos für Harley ... vor allem das erste! Dank Deiner Bilder erkenne ich fremde Sportys jetzt sofort ;-)!

    ReplyDelete