Pages

June 01, 2014

After all these Vespa Miles...


... I needed to ride a 'real' bike for a change, and Rover, my Sporty was happy to oblige. Isn't it great to have options?

***

Nach all diesen Vespa-Meilen...

... musste ich doch zur Abwechslung mal auf ein richtiges Motorrad umsteigen, und Rover, meine Sportster, war sofort Feuer und Flamme. Ist es nicht großartig, wenn man die Wahl hat?

12 comments:

  1. I bet that sporty felt powerful and big after riding so many miles on the Vespa. Not quite as nimble though.

    Looking good Sonja!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, nimble is not something that fits the Harley category, even if it is just a little Sportster. It felt awesome nevertheless ;-)

      Delete
  2. A slightly different experience. Which do you prefer on twisty roads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIchards, that's an easy answer: The Vespa goes easy through twists and turns, and it can be handled even off the road. The Sportster... not so much.

      Delete
  3. I'm a firm believer in riding any and all varieties of two-wheeled conveyances. Variety is the spice of life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, truer words were never spoken.

      Delete
  4. I love that you are so moto versatile! Enjoy your rides, because I certainly enjoy the pics from your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky and grateful for the choices, Dar.

      Delete
  5. Sonja, one day I'll try a motorcycle. For the time being the Vespa meets 90% of my needs and wants. If I had a motorcycle I'm afraid it wouldn't get ridden much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, in my case it just the opposite. Due to the versatility of the Vespa for work, shopping or touring, I am riding my scooter much more than I would ever ride the Harley. For comparison: I own the Vespa a year now, and have clocked almost 10,000km ever since. The Sporty has been on the road since October (ok, it wasn't insured three months in winter) but I collected less than 2,000km on it. I'd say, the motorcycle is for fun, the Vespa is for any occasion (plus the fun).

      Delete
  6. Ride what suits! At least you're out there with the rest of us enjoying the sunshine and carving the breeze!

    Beats the sofa every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Deb. You are absolutely right!

      Delete