Regional, national and international headlines are full of the heatwave that is bringing Europe to its knees: Blistering heat, soaring temperatures, low water levels and fish dying, drought ruining the harvest, wild fires, people developing heat related illnesses etcetera. Leaving work the gauge is still almost pushing 40°C (104F).
Die Schlagzeilen sind voll davon, in der regionalen, nationalen und internationalen Presse wird fast nur noch über die Hitzewelle in Europa berichtet. Affenhitze, Temperaturrekorde, Niedrigwasser und Fischsterben, die Dürre vernichtet die Ernte, überall wird von Waldbränden berichtet, Leute können die Hitze nicht mehr vertragen und werden krank. Als ich heute von der Arbeit kam, zeigte die Temperaturanzeige immer noch fast 40°C an.
Temperatures on the patio meanwhile are hitting the 50°C (122F) mark. It has been like this since weeks. Enough already, bring on the rain. Until then, we're laying low.
Auf unserer Terrasse war es mit 50°C noch schlimmer. Und so geht das nun schon seit Wochen. So langsam reicht's. Her mit dem Regen! Bis dahin lassen wir es ganz entspannt angehen.
Can't say I blame ya....riding in hot weather, while doable, kind of sucks when riding ATGATT.
ReplyDeleteDom, I have succumbed to the heat and do not ride ATGATT on my scooter any more. I am taking that risk over a heatstroke.
DeleteUnbearably warm! Doesn't this make the Winnipeg winters sound refreshing?
ReplyDeleteHard choice, Richard. Having experienced both temperature extremes I would likely chose 30°C plus over 30°C minus though.
DeleteThe new normal. Oddly enough the Keys while hot are pretty much an average 90 with fresh breezes.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, Michael. A fresh breeze and an ocean nearby would make these temps much more bearable.
DeleteDas Erstaunliche finde ich, dass es überall - in Nordamerika, Europa, Japan und sogar Nord Korea diese extremen Hitzerekorde gibt. Wir hatten das Glück, dass es letzte Woche drei Mal ausgiebig geregnet hat, um dann gleich wieder schön und heiss zu werden. Ich wünsche euch auch ein paar tolle Regengüsse!
ReplyDeleteDas ist tatsächlich eigenartig. Viellicht bekommen wir jetzt das Global Warming, wovor immer gewarnt wurde. Bei uns sind jedenfalls auch heute wieder wolkenloser Himmel und Temperaturen jenseits der 30 Grad Marke angesagt.
DeleteWith temperatures like that, I would lay low, too! I am kid of contemplating a ride for today, but temps are forecast to hit about 31 C (88 F) and that's a bit too warm for me. If I were at the beach, it would be perfect.
ReplyDeleteKathy, I am not riding (long distance) when ATGTATT isn't possible. OK, with the exception of commuting to work. Beach... waterholes have bath tub temperatures. No longer refreshing if you ask me.
Deleteohje, ich beneide Ecu so gar nicht, auch wenn wir selbst eher schlechtes Wetter auf der Reise hatten. Aber die Temperaturen sind mir dann doch zuviel. Wir haben zu Hause immer um die 22-27 Grad, nachmittags dazu etwas Wind, Nachts dafuer oft aber auch schon einstellig. Druecke Euch die Daumen, dass der ersehnte Regen und die Abkuehlung bald kommen.
ReplyDelete