1992 to 1998 A Japanese medley, an Italian on the side, and a German to settle down with.
2009 to ? Rewind, Replay, Repeat?
Aug 2009 to Sep 2010 : 2005 HONDA Silverwing FJS600 (my first ABS bike)
Aug 2009 to Mar 2010: 1989 HONDA NT 650 Hawk GT (another keeper)
1996 to 1998: 1987 BMW R80 (reliable, and a bit boring)
1995 to 1998: 1995 VESPA ET4 125 (my commuter vehicle)
1994 to 1996: 1988 HONDA XBR 500 (a keeper, nice voice)
1993 to 1994: 1991 YAMAHA SR 500 (my first love)
1993 to 1993: 1989 SUZUKI DR 600 (a flirtation with the rough)
1992 to 1993: 1992 YAMAHA Virago 250 (cheap and low)
Bikes I haven't owned but ridden on occasion:
1996 BMW F 650 Funduro (a rental in France)
1994 HONDA XL 700 V Transalp (my ex-boyfriend's bike)
1989 KAWASAKI ZL 400 Eliminator (my training bike)
Chopper, dirt bike, vintage look, cafe racer, scooter, tourer, naked... I had a taste of almost everything. Shouldn't I know by now, what I really want?
Bikes I haven't owned but ridden on occasion:
1996 BMW F 650 Funduro (a rental in France)
1994 HONDA XL 700 V Transalp (my ex-boyfriend's bike)
1989 KAWASAKI ZL 400 Eliminator (my training bike)
Chopper, dirt bike, vintage look, cafe racer, scooter, tourer, naked... I had a taste of almost everything. Shouldn't I know by now, what I really want?
SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteNO!
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
wait...are you saying my Brigitta is boring? : )
ReplyDeleteWell, yeah. I mean no. Oh heck, what have I done...
ReplyDelete... I can recommend a good divorce lawyer!
ReplyDelete...the one my ex-wife used.....
ReplyDeleteYou know what you want: two wheels ... the rest can change from time to time ... ;-)
ReplyDeleteGuido, you really nailed it ;-)
ReplyDeleteSonjaM:
ReplyDeleteor 3 wheels if you want a boring Ural . . .
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Bob, unlike you I am a greenhorn at motorcycle mechanics. I would consider buying, if you stop by every once in a while to do the maintenance ;-)
ReplyDeletebobskoot....I think you're just jealous! : )
ReplyDeleteriding a Ural is anything but boring! reliable like a beemer? Not quite. That adds to the charm....at least that's what I keep telling myself.
As to Sonja calling R80 Beemers boringly reliable....isn't that just like a woman, always attracted to the "dangerous" and "exciting" guy, not the reliable and dependable guy.....or in this case, motorcycles.
kidding! just kidding!
Oh, and a Ural will make a mechanic out of you or you end up carrying a list of friend's numbers who own trailers! : )
Seriously though, one shouldn't own a Ural if one does not want to work on one's bike....just saying. Its easy to work on though, in spite of my lack of skills, so come on over to the dark side! : )
Charlie6, Good call! I admit that I currently prefer low maintenance two-wheelers due to lack of a garage or appropriate maintenance skills, and thus BMW will remain the obvious choice. But it doesn't mean that I am not attracted to the 'dangerous' species, too.
ReplyDeleteSonja, Beemer require close adherence to their maintenance and service schedules as well.
ReplyDeleteOne joke is that BMW stands for "Bring More Wallet". Service costs at the dealers tends to be pricey so I do my own regular services. On my R80 though, I've yet to be brave enough to do the transmission spline lube and let a local indie mechanic do it along with a major service, about $400 every 15k miles.
Just FYI
SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteI was just kidding. I'm not a mehanic, but if I owned a Ural I would become one really fast. If I lived near Charlie6, then maybe I would buy one, but I have no one to turn to, except the dealer
to Charlie6:
I was just kidding. SonjaM said the "B" word first . . . If I lived in Centennial I would probably make my home in your garage. I would have lots of material to write a Ural Repair Manual using the Charlie6 method
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Bob, let's all move into Charlie6's garage. Our bikes would certainly like it there ;-) Guys, sorry for the bad "B" word. It shall never happen again...
ReplyDeleteBobskoot, no worries, I knew you were kidding.
ReplyDeleteWish you were closer...I'd make you a Ural man in no time....
The newer Urals are really leagues ahead of mine in terms of quality and reliability I am told. I've seen three of them myself and they're really nice.
As to writing a repair manual...it sure would be a good thing since the factory one is nonexistent. Guys like Bill Glaser and his online manual are a Godsend.
cheers!
y'all are welcome to come visit! I can show you the mountain passes....
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck did you stir up, here?
ReplyDeleteWhy can't we all just get along and ride Japanese sport touring bikes? Then we could ride, socialize, and become great friends. This is the heart of human coexistence. Instead of shopping for repair manuals, parts, and trailers, which is a great way to become a hermit in a cold garage.
Sonja, your bike should be like a great mate. Something to enjoy and be proud of. While not giving you any trouble!