Today is the first ride with my Pelican cases. Bob told me that will increase my 'footprint'. I am happy to discover that the additional weight doesn't harm Nella's performance. As a matter of fact I even get the impression that she gained some stability. I rode out to Belcarra Regional Park and Buntzen Lake Recreation Area. Since the parks close down at 8.30PM there was almost no traffic, that's the way I like it.
At Buntzen Lake big signs warned of high water levels. Curiosity kills the cat, I thought, and drove past the barrier.
Indeed, the water level was higher than usual. The beach was completely gone.
Mother goose and her goslings couldn't care less.
And yes, I brought my crocs along for the ride, to be a bit more 'light-footed' wandering around. They live in my right Pelican case now.

A great shot of the goose and goslings. And the sky color in the evening shot is wonderful. Great contrast with the bright yellow of your new bike.
ReplyDeleteThanks for bringing us along for the ride!
I really like the next to last shot.....very nice.
ReplyDeleteYay for the Crocks Sonja, much more impressive than my brown ones!
ReplyDeleteSuperb photos, magnificent scenery. Planing to visit the west coast of Canada sooner rather than later as we have relatives on Vancouver Island.
Hi Sonja,
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful ride - great scenery.
The second from last photo is exceptionally nice.
Whoa, Sonja... really nice photography! All of them are great and it's neat to see where you rode. I really like the reflection shot above the one with the picnic table. I also agree with Richard about the goose and goslings. Although it's not proper riding equipment, the last shot is great too! :)
ReplyDeleteWhoa, thanks so much for the compliments on the pics. My old Sony Cybershot did a surprisingly good job.
ReplyDeleteGeoff, let's make sure that we arrange to meet, when you travel to the wet coast.
Bobskoot is a bad influence isn't he? Gluttony and color matched crocs?
ReplyDeleteHave to chime in with the compliments to the photos. I have to go out and practice some more!