Pages

May 11, 2010

Meet Nella

At the dealership

Her full name is Citronella, guess why... and like the plant, she is good looking, loves the outdoors, and also can be used as an insect repellent. She has just over 22,000km on the clock, ABS, and heated grips,
and she certainly brings some more assets into the relationship: A Pelican case system and a BMW top case, new rubber, new chain and sprockets, crash bars, a higher windshield, and an electrical plug-in.
Due to some current logistic issues I will have to wait until Saturday afternoon before I can pick her up. Until then she will stay at the dealership and they promised to give her a detailing on the house.
Now, isn't Nella pretty?

I can't wait to bring her home, I just hope that the BC insurance will not eat all my fun away...

21 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja, delighted to meet Citronella, a really classy lady with great taste in accessories. Those side cases are very smart and look like the perfect business case too.

    I notice the adventure tyres - are they good for street use too? I have no knowledge of such things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Geoff: The tires are ok for street use, however, I forgot to mention that Nella also brings a second pair of good but used street rubber, so that I can switch if I don't like her current 'shoes'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking bike and I like the Pelican cases. Very jealous. I can't wait 'til the first off road ride report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking bike there Sonja. Congratulations on the new purchase. I can't wait to hear about your adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Richard: Hm, I have never given the Pelican cases a second thought... but they must indeed be something special.
    @Trobaritz: Thank you, I am sure you will hear from Nella's adventures very soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Sonja - congratulations! Nella is very attractive and you're getting her just in time for the nice weather! You made the right decision. Beemers are the best! Don't tell anyone else I said that. I'm also looking forward to reading your ride reports.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mike: Beemers are the best! And my lips are sealed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I like it! Now we'll have to meet up somewhere in the middle - you coming down Highway 1, we going up ... somehow "Dunes City" sounds good ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Guido: Sounds like a plan ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SonjaM:

    Nice to finally meet Nella. I love those Pelican cases. You have yourself a serious adventure machine and complete will all the necessary accessories too.

    Did I mention that I love those Pelican cases ?

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bob: I am looking forward to introducing Nella to your Wee ;-) As for accessories she is certainly equipped for longer rides, but I hope that I can ask you for advice if I need some more necessary farkles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SonjaM:

    you've got dual exhausts, that means you have the TWIN, and not the single ? I was going to swing by after breakfast, not unless you want breakfast too. Saturday,Flying Swan 9am, 4th avenue just east of Burrard Street. My treat

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh good, I can exhale now!

    What a great find...and by the way I'm wondering who found who? That was my first thought when I read the earlier post: This bike is looking for Sonja.

    Now that you've found each other, I suspect you two will find plenty of adventures and cover many miles. And, I too, am looking forward to reading about them.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  14. SonjaM:

    I have private MC insurance through Cassells

    http://cassellsinsurance.com/

    my friend Paul is the largest Beacon Underwriter for Beacon. You need to to see if they will accept you. Much cheaper than ICBC, a LOT cheaper. Give him a call, or phone me

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Bob: The 2004 model is a single cylinder version, but it looks good with the two exhausts, doesn't it? I will give you a call later...
    @Keith: Yes, you can relax now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too was wondering about the single with the dual exhaust. Thought that maybe one of them was for something else. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sonja

    that's a great looking motorcycle you got!

    looking forward to the ride reports.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Charlie6: Thanks, your postings certainly kept me inspired during my times sans bike.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your beautiful new (to you) gal pal! She's quite the looker with a name befitting her. What fun awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Sojourner: Thanks for stopping by. I hope indeed that Nella will be in for lots of fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool. I am pleased for you that you have now made your choice and it looks like a good one. I wish you many years of happy riding together. I like the name as well.

    ReplyDelete