Pages

August 23, 2010

Farmville

Today the weather changed every five minutes. Rain, no rain, and then another shower. I waited for a dry window and went out for little spin in the Abbotsford area telling my fellow traveler that I was just gone for an hour (or so).
As usual I took the fast lane a.k.a. Trans-Canada Highway, before I switched to the lovely byways through endless fields of corn, berries, potatoes and cabbage.
Traffic was light. Even most farmers seem to have taken the Sunday off. 
The crops are growing high.
Behind those rolling hills are the US of A.
An experiment. Getting used to the new camera.
Those roads are the best, not every vehicle gets past that.
Symmetry of farming
After the rain, the sun is coming out again.
Almost four hours and 200km later I am home again.

10 comments:

  1. I adore the picture of the yellow line! Very clever! I hope you didn't get too wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Doing "The Peach" ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sonja:

    Neat stunt, putting the camera on the yellow line in the picture. Pretty shots of the countryside too.

    Fondest regards,
    Jack • reep • Toad
    Twisted Roads

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gary: I did get a little wet but it was warm enough not bother.
    @Guido: You got it, I always wanted to do this.
    @Jack: Thanks Mr. R. I was more worried about the camera than about potential traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonja:

    I suppose we are of the same mind. I was with a friend on our way to Osoyoos and there was a great dip in the road and I also wanted a photo sitting on the yellow line, but here were too many cars and you couldn't see them until they came over the hill.

    The next time we are out in the area I shall take you on the Chilliwack Lake Road. I haven't been there since they paved the last 22 kms. There are some pristine lakes just made for your GS but the climb on the shelf roads scare me. There is a dual waterfall on the road past the 3rd bridge. I believe there are 7 bridges which transverse back and forth with a beautiful lake at the end

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bob: Thanks for stopping by today and bringing me the sticker and the handy oil flask. I will make sure that the container gets labelled properly when filled up... see you soon... on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonja,

    Like everyone else, I love the yellow line photo!!! You have some magic countryside in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Geoff: The yellow line and lack of traffic was indeed inspiring. Frankly I copied the motive from Guido who did this stunt a while ago and he got the idea from the Darth Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sonja,
    I'm trying to catch up on my backlog of reading! :)
    I see your familiar with The Darth Peach. I've been wanting to try that shot for a while, but haven't done it yet. I like your first image of the barn too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sonia. I liked the photo of you and the centreline so much, it gave me an idea to run a competition for bloggers to take photos of themselves. I will be posting something on my blog about this in the next few days, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete