Pages

August 06, 2010

Pink air

I went out for my therapeutic evening ride to watch the sunset. The soot of the forest fires in interior BC however caused a smokey haze in our area, and spoiled the view and the air quality quite a bit.
Made for some pretty sunset though.
 I can't believe that I am saying this: Please let it rain, and soon.

7 comments:

  1. Fires to the south are making breathing here in interior Alaska look the same. I noticed that the Cassiar Hwy was closed due to fires in the area.

    Hopefully, the air is still breathable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sunsets, but ugh, I'm sure it's not fun to breath. Do you want the rain for the fires, or do you just miss it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Richard: We have some air quality warnings, and you feel that is something wrong with it
    @bluekat: I most certainly would want it to help put out the fires and clear the air

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on you for intoning the"R" word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chuck: sorry... too late.
    @Gary, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever noticed that often what is most appealing to us is also bad for us? Like the smoke that makes for a beautiful sunset. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete