The previous owner of Rover had thrown in a few farkles that needed some closer investigation, and required a field test a.k.a. sunset ride. The items were never used. Is was super easy to remove the single seat, and put the Sundowner bucket seat on. Also, the installation of the quick release sissy bar was a no brainer.
Although I like the visual appearance of the single seat better I have to admit, the Sundowner is mighty comfy, so I am going to keep it for a while. Not sure about the sissy bar though, as I will remain a single rider. But it can probably hold some luggage, which when placed on the passenger seat, will make a proper back rest for me.
Something similar to this could work.
Two hours and roughly 100km later the 'test' was completed, and the bike got tucked away again, until next time...

EXCELLENT! i luv the sundowner.. and btw, i use a sissy bar/bag as a backrest on my softail. like you, i prefer the look of solo seat without all this gear, but, the storage is needed and the backrest is a huge perk that would be missed, ive grown quite comfy with it.
ReplyDeleteFunction, not frosting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got out on Rover and feeling your way into this new relationship. Even with the Sundowner and the sissy bar, Rover's classic lines carry the day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the share.
What a nice day to get out and play. Glad that you and Rover.
ReplyDeleteSonja great pictures! I am glad you are sorting out the seat on your ride. BTW what exactly is a farkle? Not quite sure I have heard this term before. Enjoy Rover. When I finally get around to getting my motorcycle endorsement, I will let you know and we should meet up for a ride. Already thinking one of my trips is going to be to Tofino.
ReplyDelete@mq01: Ms M, I am wondering which bag to use for the sissy bar. Any suggestions?
ReplyDelete@Troubadour: Brad, duly noted.
@Circle Blue: Thanks, Keith. It encourages me to keep it.
@BeemerGirl: True, even if it is only for a short escape.
@Dar: Thanks, Dar. The expression comes - I believe - from an amalgamation of the words function and sparkle. But word has it that it might also stand for: F.A.R.K.L.E. - Fancy Accessory Really Kool (but) Likely Expensive . I am all in for an island trip, once you are up to it.
Lol I guess I could consider my scooter a FARKLE......
ReplyDeleteSonja
ReplyDeleteI somehow missed that you had acquired "Rover" - comes of going away for a week of vacation in the USA.
Curious to know why the name Rover,which I link to either a dog, or a defunct make of English car that had a viking logo?
Anyway, congratulations!
N
@Nikos: Think pirate. The Royal Rover was a sloop of war under command of Black Bart back in the early 18th century, or so says the great wise Google.
ReplyDelete