If you had unlimited funds and could have one bike for every day of the week, what bikes would you choose?
Tuesday: It's Bonnie time. I always wanted one, now I can have it, right?
Wednesday: Paolo, my Vespa GT200 gets an orange paint job. Yes, I love that little Italian.
Thursday: I am in the mood for tri-coloured G650GS (pic from interweb), for a little off road challenge, well, make that gravel.
Saturday: This new scooter BMW C600S strikes a chord, and I need to find out why.
Sunday: Promenading on a Norton Commando 961 (pic from interweb). Does this classy piece really need an explanation?
Sunday: Promenading on a Norton Commando 961 (pic from interweb). Does this classy piece really need an explanation?
But basically four bikes would probably do it. Really!
One scooter to zip around in town.
One street bike for the open road.
One Cafe Racer because it's got the style.
One dual sport bike to go where the others can't.
Thanks, Trob for the challenge. Dreaming up bikes is one of my favourite pastimes.




I'm a big guy so my Road King suits me. But if I were tinier like the rest of you, say 6 feet 200#, I would so have a Triumph Bonneville and do the cafe racer thing.
ReplyDeleteexcellent choices....Love the BMw by the way!
ReplyDeleteGood post, and interesting choices. You've prompted me to have a go myself, and I've posted the results over at Trob's place.
ReplyDeleteAwesome list of bikes Sonja. Great choices. You're looking mighty good on that Bonnie. Thanks for playing along.
ReplyDeleteSonja:
ReplyDeleteI see that the Bonnie still lurks on your hit list :-)
That Norton could so easily go on my list too, but what to leave off?
Nice choices!
What, no Ducati? With that kind of bucks, you could afford its services! :)
ReplyDeleteDom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
You HAVE to get that Bonnie one day. You have been mentioning it for some time now. The Norton is a lovely bike and I knew you would have a cafe racer on your list. Will you stop it with talking about the BMW C600S, its fugly, so cast it from your mind....
ReplyDelete@No Name: The 'cafe racer thing' certainly does it for me, too.
ReplyDelete@Raftnn: Roger, I am not surprised that you say that. Thought of you when posting it.
@Richard: Checked out your choices and found some common grounds.
@Trobairitz: The honour is yours. Thanks for the challenge!
@Geoff James: Geoff, the choice it not easy. I wonder if my list would look the same next week...
Maybe we should make it a 'one bike a day for a month challenge'.
Charlie6: Dom, the Duc sprung to mind but I have actually been on one, and it is friggin' uncomfortable.
@Gary France: Gary, don't bash the Beemer scooter just yet. I have to have a bike that my hubby likes, too. Otherwise I would be riding alone most of the week ;-)
love love love your list!
ReplyDeleteSonja, I think I'd have a hard time just with bikes. I'd have to have a Vespa GTS, an MP3 500, a vintage 60's era perfectly restored Vespa, a vintage Harley police bike, a nice lean dirt bike (don't know anything about them to be able to pick an actual model though), and that's it I'm afraid. Two to go, but I'd feel compelled go for a couple of four wheelers: a vintage Land Rover 110, and a vintage Citroën 2CV.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me play this little fantasy game.
Sonja
ReplyDeleteI think I need to be riding a little longer to really know what my dream bikes would be. It's all so new to me that I haven't tried many bikes. I do like some Triumphs, Motoguzzi, BMW. I think I will need a few thousand k's before I have a list. There are a few scoots too I would like too. Nice list you have there.
This post inspire me to dream for my Motorcycles... very interesting thought.
ReplyDeleteVery cool choices! Here's my list: http://2wheelersrevisited.blogspot.com/2011/11/if-i-had-million-dollars.html
ReplyDelete