Pages

July 19, 2012

IMBC 2012 - Part 1 - Trip Meter: 222km

 Patch made by Cathy

I worked late on Tuesday to make sure I could sneak out early on Wednesday afternoon. My new riding partner a.k.a. better half a.k.a. Roland picked me up from work at 2:45 pm and we hit the road South.
We crossed the border an hour later, with almost no waiting time. On our first stretch of the journey we wanted to take it easy to get in the groove of traveling.
The I-5 was painful and boring as ever but necessary. We later switched to WA-9 and meandered towards Monroe, our first stop-over.
Not much happened to write home about except for a bunny worshiping a little lama, and following it around.
Monroe, WA turned out to be a culinary dead-end. Gluten free or even organic products were nowhere to be found. Our last resort became a mediocre sushi place to get stuffed, and we called it a day. Monroe turned out to be a great starting point for the next stretch over Stevens Pass though. Next stop: Pasco, WA.

8 comments:

  1. Jealous. Waiting for more while I mainly ride my desk chair from one corner of the room to the other making "vrooom, vrooooom" sounds ... damn work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny and a Llama? Awesome! Love the patch, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is to be found in the oddest places.

      Delete
  3. Monroe isn't really near much is it. If only I had of told you about Fred Meyer stores and their organic natural food section. There is a huge one there in Monroe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For next time I know. I remember to have passed a Fred Meyer there.

      Delete
  4. It started! Love the patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have yours... wanna have it?

      Delete