We didn't think epic today, we just wanted to put in a little Vespa ride for a change. Bella, the spouse's lately somewhat neglected red scooter was excited to play outside.
So we chugged along to Buntzen Lake and Belcarra enjoying a mild gossamer afternoon.
Today's loop was just the right mix of small roads, abutter traffic only, combined with being close to nature (we spotted deer today) and water to turn any brooding mind into having happy thoughts.
There was an unsettling moment for both me and Paolo, when we purposefully abandoned the scooter in the parking lot. Roland wanted to gain some experience riding two up. One never knows when it might come in handy.And he did a great job, and Bella didn't complain, but the scooter shocks were certainly put to their limit with this little experiment.
Autumn is becoming visible in the trees. I love this time of the year, when the leaves change their colours.
Although season ending is inevitably coming closer we might still get lucky to squeeze in a few quick rides on our 'Happy Loop' before putting the bikes into hibernation.


Sonja, I also like the fall splendor ... I've been afraid that after such a hot, dry summer we might not witness the magic of it all but some trees are finally starting to change here as well. Great photos once again.
ReplyDeleteActually due to the dry summer leaves have been turning before there time. Temperatures are lovely albeit a getting bit chilly on my morning commute.
DeleteI love Autumn to...it is my favorite time of year.
ReplyDeleteSame here, although I wouldn't mind leaving winter out and directly move forward to spring.
DeleteThere is no better way to enjoy the gorgeous fall season than on a bike/scooter. And a great way to celebrate the end of riding season, for those of us prairie folk who tarp our bikes and brace for wicked winter....:) Loved this!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting, Dez. Must be tough sometimes to feel the warm season slip away and winter kicking in. I hope you can enjoy a few more days of autumn before the prarie world turns back to cold and white.
DeleteThat is a great sounding loop, and I'm happy to see the Vespa's got a scoot in. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was about time. We use the scooters all the time but only at random for little outings since Roland has his "big one".
DeleteBeautiful pictures Sonja.
ReplyDeleteGood job riding two up with Roland. It is a good skill to have in case one of your bikes or scooters ever breaks down. Did Paolo think you were deserting him when you rode away?
I am pretty sure Paolo felt that way...
DeleteWe also thought it might come to advantage one day if a bike or the rider fails to function properly.
I was up home on the weekend looking at my first bike...a dusty old Yamaha scooter! They can be a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteI think you need a sidecar outfit to continue the fun in winter....
A Vespa hack would be fun and certainly an eyecatcher in this neck of the woods. Thanks to the weather gods we don't get much snow here, so I ride as long as there isn't any white stuff on the ground.
DeleteBeautiful photos of the leaves changing. It looks like a nice loop (but no food stops and associated pics).
ReplyDeleteAddicted to food porn are you? We had a simple meal (steak for the hubby and tofu slices for me) at home
DeleteTwo up on a scooter...were you guys pretending to be Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts? I can totally see it.... :)
ReplyDeletedom
Hmmm, now that you're saying it...
DeleteCool self portrait!
ReplyDeleteYou are more autumny than we are! But I plan on going looking for color tomorrow.
It must have happened overnight... it wasn't there the day before ;-) I will keep an eye on your blog for the fall colours that will likely be much more spectacular than ours.
DeleteAutumn and spring are the best times of the year, gorgeous photos Sonja. And the perfect way to enjoy the autumn is on a scooter isnt it!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look like you were having so much fun and yet again made me wish I had a scooter .. but then I wish I had your countryside to ride it in too :)
Thanks for sharing!
Agree, Brenda. Scooters are perfect for any kind of season. But seriously, you live also in a beautiful corner of the world, no need to get envious.
DeleteTwo up wasn't really an option on the Billie, but with Isabelle we might give it a try at least around the neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteOn the colors, it looked more like autumn a month ago than it does now. It is going to be interesting to see what the trees have in store for us here.
Love the last photo.
~k
Why not, Keith. Give it a whirl. Your lady might like it, an you'll have caught two birds with one stone: Riding your scoot plus having lovely company ;-)
DeleteAhhhh! Very nice memories of our ride in May that Roland led so valiantly. What I wouldn't give to duplicate that day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting that Sonja.
Warm regards,
David