Sonja: As per doctor's orders I went on a walk (or two) every day after surgery. The first outings were terrible. All previous fitness had been killed off by the anaesthetics. After twenty minutes I was done and ready for a nap. Today, one week after surgery, it was the first walk involving a mild hill climb. I had to watch out for uneven grounds, and make sure to make proper use of both of my legs: No limping! It went well today, more than one hour walking without any issues. I'll be baack!
| Moderate climb |
| A humble WWII memorial |
| Selfie of exhausted me |
| I came all the way up from the village. |
happy for you that everything went well! hopefully you will be fully "restored" soon :-)
ReplyDeleteVielen lieben Dank, Yvonne. Getting much better.
Deletebravo for rehab'ing outdoors! i hope its nothing major! get well soon, sonja
ReplyDeleteNo worries, it seems fixed now. Thanks for your well wishes.
DeleteMore than a moderate climb. It looks like a beautiful are for walking. Nice trails.
ReplyDeleteIn this two-wheeled, four-wheeled, motorised world we often forget how pleasant it is just to go for a walk and enjoy nature at a slower pace. I'm sure you'll be glad to be back in fighting form but meantime, enjoy the experience.
ReplyDeleteRight on, Sonja... Keep on keepin' on. Before you know it, you'll be leaping tall buildings in a single bound. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you're recovering.....I like the picture with the clovers....
ReplyDeleteNice therapy. No hills in the Keys, just sayin' if you need level ground.
ReplyDeleteGood for you on walking that far after just a week. And look at all that greenery that has appeared.
ReplyDelete