Pages

May 14, 2011

Spring has sprung and and an odd couple

I was heading out to our site in Abbotsford when I came by this tulip field. Although work in mind I needed to stop and take a picture. What a beautiful sight.

Another day I had a good reason to leave work early: a coffee date with my buddy bobskoot. Despite his health issues he came riding with his Wee.
Aren't they looking like an odd couple? It is obviously not the first time that Wee and Paolo meet, it has happened before without my doing, only this time the riders got to meet as well.
Ah, we are sitting outside enjoying the sun, and while I am munching on a healthy veggie sandwich, Bob is destroying a mega muffin. It was great to catch up on things and make some tentative plans for summer. Be well again soon, Bob!

13 comments:

  1. Sonja;
    I raise my hat to your photographer's eye. That photo with the tulips and the brooding mountains behind is simply breathtaking. Very well done indeed. You also have a fantastic route out to work!

    As you're clearly close mates with the Most Excellent Bob, do you have access to his secret of staying slim whilst existing on a diet of junk food? He could make a fortune if he has a secret family herbal remedy ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. First pic is stunning, and always good to catch up with another blogger and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first shot of the tulips. What a lovely scene!
    I'm glad you guys got together. Bob looked rather forlorn in that other post. :)

    How nice to finally be out in shirt sleeves. Ron and I went for a walk one evening and realized it was the first walk this year where I actually felt a little warmth in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So any big rides planned? I heard about a possible trip to Montana...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Geoff: Unfortunately my work doesn't take me much to site, usually I have to go across town to the office. As for Bob, I guess behind the mystery of staying in shape it is Mrs Skoot making sure for him to get enough exercise. Jennie probably knows this treatment well in order to keep you in shape, eh?
    @Raftnn: Roger, you are right. Best is to exchange first had stories from the road.
    @bluekat: Poor Bob, I am either on business trips or work long hours so I barely get to see him after work anymore.
    @RichardM: Montana is in the talk, however Bob's health has priority, and also possible cancellation of vacation is looming over a potential trip. We have just too much ongoing at work right now. But one can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja, outstanding first picture! Love the colors and always been a sucker for foggy mountain tops as well.

    Hope you and Bobskoot can make it to Montana! But like you said, health first.

    dom

    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just raised my coffee cup to Bob feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SonjaM:

    it was very nice to meet up again for a snack and catch up with new and old news. So far so good. I am purposely taking it easier and trying to walk less. Right now I can't see any problems with our plans, I already have a nice route picked out.

    your 1st photo is very nicely framed

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Charlie6: Dom, we try to work it out ;-)
    @biker baby: Thanks, he will certainly appreciate it.
    @bobskoot: My friend, I can't wait to hear your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful first photo. Wow, Paolo looks bigger than the Wee, must be the angle, and that front tire looks pretty tough and wide ;-)
    Hope you feel better Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice first shot Sonja! You and Bobskoot make a nice riding/blogger team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @George F: Paolo might be a small 'guy' but he has broad shouldes ;-)
    @Mike: Thank you, sometimes it makes proper sense to team up and not play the 'rogue rider'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shot of the tulips. Hi Bob!! :)

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete