Pages

October 26, 2009

Joe Bar Team


I have never been over enthusiastic about narrative artwork dealing with humorous subject matter. (There is a 'but' coming...) But in the mid 90s I worked for a French Company, where a colleague of mine and fellow motard (=biker) introduced me to a comic book called Joe Bar Team. The (male) characters are very cliché, very french, and absolutely realistic. Their specialties are friendly competition, tuning, racing, stunting (likely in front of cops) or Harley bashing, and bragging about while hanging out in Joe's bar. Highly recommended reading.


Disclaimer: "The events depicted in this comic are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental."

3 comments:

  1. SonjaM:

    I just added you to my BlogRoll. Hope you are doing well

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate it, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, might I recommend you check out Hubert Kriegel's website: thetimelessride.com

    He identifies himself as part of the Joe Bar gang....and is quite the adventurer, presently riding in Siberia during the winter.

    ReplyDelete