
I took the little thumper on a ferry ride to South England and Cornwall, my friend rode on a Suzuki Intruder 800, that I never really liked. Maybe because I just don't fancy them pseudo choppers that much.

Together we managed to survive the choppy seas, driving on the wrong left side, riding in London traffic, and two weeks of rain. It was great! In the mother country of Triumph and Norton we were always welcome no matter how wet and dirty, offered a dry spot for our bikes (once even in a hotel lobby), and received encouraging words that kept us going despite the adverse weather conditions.

Together my then-friend, his Trudi, my thumper and me, we traveled through Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland and Germany, and became long-time companions - until...
(Note to reader: Those adventures were pre-digital, and many photos have been lost since in the rifts of time-space continuum, a.k.a. moving, separation and loss of negatives)
No comments:
Post a Comment