Pages

February 01, 2010

Vale of tears

I had high hopes to be able to earn back my badge as an all-year-rounder in my first year of revisiting two-wheelers. I kept riding into November, but then weather and work became allies against me. OK, I rode pillion in December, that might account to something. Alas, January came and went by, and my mileage count is a big zero for the month. 
The weird thing though is, it would have been achievable, since southern Alberta occasionally gets nice little breaks from the Winter when the Chinook winds kick in and start messing with the white stuff. But unfortunately I was not able to be around to cherish those precious moments, and go out for a ride, no! Instead I was stuck in Winnipeg all January long. And on weekends... it snowed again.

Hell... is a cold and dark place!

I have to remind myself to stop whining now, I gotta pack my bag and get back to Manitoba, get back to work, get paid, and save up the bucks for a new bike...

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, looks like Hell has frozen over! -:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are all suffering from cabin fever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, my condolences on the lack of riding opportunities.....now with a sidecar.....(hint hint nudge nudge) : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep saving. Keep thinking of spring. The sunshine is not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riding year round is but one method of measuring. Our weather allows me to do so but I'm pretty sure I'd have the same value as a person either way. Probably applies in Canada, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chuck: It's named Winterpeg for a reason
    @Nikos: Now, that you say it. This must indeed be cabin fever
    @Charlie6: I know, but I yet have to work on my riding skills before I can consider a sidecar, also storage will be an issue (I have hardly enough room for two bikes...)
    @Gary: Thanks for the encouragement. I am counting down the days.
    @Irondad: You are right, but what do you do, when your throttle hand is twitching all day long?
    Thanks y'all for stopping by and leaving a comment. I feel much better now! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SonjaM:

    Get your next assignment here in Vancouver. Tomorrow is going up to around 50F (12C). No snow on the horizon, no sand or salt on the roads. There is not even enough snow for Cypress Mountain for the Olympics next week. They are trucking the snow in from Manning Park. Daffidils are sprouting and grass is green . does this make you feel better now ?

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bobskoot: Thanks, that is so helpful. Nevertheless I might just happen one day...

    ReplyDelete