Pages

August 08, 2013

Between Running Errands

There is always time to meander along the one lane backroads of my new home turf. A 10km distance between two towns as the crow flies could easily stretch out to 25km or more as you get over two passes, and have to negotiate endless twists on single file roads. Below is one of the easier turns.
The nimble scoot is easy to handle where it could be hard work for a heavier bike. Speed is not an option, as the roads are often covered with debris, be it gravel, or mud from a previous washout or even pieces of wood, leaves or branches.

Here Alonzo encounters a somewhat equal amount of horsepower.
Alonzo grazing.
I sat in the shadow of the tree watching the clouds go by. Every once in a while there would be vehicle coming through but most of the time the only noises were insects buzzing and leaves whispering. Life is good!

***

Zwischendurch muss frau Vespa-Fahren:
Meistens fahre ich auf Nebenstraßen und auch schon mal auf Forstwegen, um den Kopf frei zu kriegen, denn so ein Umzug / Einzug nervt und stresst. Ich schaue mir den nächsten Ort auf der Karte an... Luftlinie 10km, gefahren 25km auf engsten Kurven. Was für ein Spaß! Immer wieder muss ich anhalten, weil mich die Schönheit der Gegend gefangen nimmt, ob es nun die Tiere am Wegesrand sind oder einfach ein toller Panoramablick. Ist das schön hier!

26 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting agin and ofen..we have missed you. Terry was in Munich a few months ago working for his new company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rog. Finally I got a ride and some spare time, and can continue my two-wheeled journey. Munich isn't too far away, just about two hours.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry. I thought you closed this down! I've missed some really lovely photos here! I'll add this blog back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I wasn't sure about continuing this blog but since I got some two-wheel related blog fodder again, I decided to keep it going. Thanks for putting this one back on your list.

      Delete
  3. Oh that just sounds so wonderful. I can hear your happy sigh from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I ride the more I understand the joy of the back road. I am not so much in love with the twisty as the chance to get out into the country.

    When I used to hike I loved the idea of getting out into the natural world, I get a similar feeling when I ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert, indeed riding the back roads and getting out there is my main motivation as well. But if there are some twisties while getting there I don't mind them ;-)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous photography! The scenery is breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are point&shoot pics but the scenery helps ;-)

      Delete
  6. Sonja an amazing photo of the bee on the flower. I can see his wings and almost hear the buzz. Glad you are getting some 'life is good' time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is good indeed, but it is even better when getting in some riding time ;-)

      Delete
  7. You have landed in a beautiful area. I really like the first photo, maybe the road winding through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richard. There are many of those little roads out here, and it will take many trips to explore them...

      Delete
  8. Alonzo really "pops" in the photos.....orange is a great color for one's ride, isn't it?

    dom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth, Dom. Even on a grey day the colour makes the difference.

      Delete
  9. That sounds absolutely blissful. I hope you get to enjoy many more adventres of that caliber.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I want to move :) it is simply stunning! Gorgeous pics Sonja and I love Alzonzo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should swap homes every once in a while ;-)

      Delete
  11. Sonja, keep these great posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was a kid in Geography class at school I loved the pictures in the textbooks that showed beautiful parts of the world so unlike the environs here where I've lived all my life. Your pictures take me away like those schoolbooks did so many years ago - to magical places!

    - Joe at Scootin' da Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, that is very kind of you. Thank you for this lovely feedback.

      Delete