The wait is over! It's delivery day! Rover, my Harley Davidson Sportster and
Bella, hubby's Vespa GTS250 have arrived.
No visual damage to report.
Even better: Both motorcycles were starting up on first push of a button.
All together now, Rover in the back, Bella and Alonzo in the front.
The next (painful) milestone will be the arrangement of getting the red Vespa and the Sporty through the technical approval process, and to license and insure the vehicles... It involves quite a bit of processing paperwork (some of it we still have to get...).
***
Endlich angekommen!
Unser Umzugsgut aus Kanada ist da, und somit auch Rolands rote Vespa GTS250 und meine Harley Davidson Sportster 883. Die Fahrzeuge waren in Transportkisten auf Spezialpaletten festgezurrt und haben so die Reise unbeschadet überstanden. Nicht einmal Kratzer haben die Maschinen abbekommen. Die Packer fassten die Motorräder mit Samthandschuhen an und bald waren sie abgeladen und ausgepackt. Wir waren im siebten Zweirad-Himmel als wir die Motoren starteten. Beide Moppeds sprangen sofort und ohne Murren an, und das nach neun Monaten Dornröschenschlaf. Doch bevor wir mit den Schätzchen auf die Straße dürfen, steht noch der TÜV an, und das wird keine Kaffeefahrt. Bis dahin parken wir sie erst einmal auf einem angemieteten Platz in einer nahe gelegenen Tiefgarage.
I love the family photo! So will you hang the BC plates on your wall? I hope to see you all out and about soon!
ReplyDeleteThe plates will definitely get a place on our wall! (I also hold on to my Alberta plate, it will make a nice addition.)
DeleteYou dont have to hand in your plates when you leave the country?
ReplyDeleteAnyways congrats on the safe arrival, hope it isn't too painful for you to get them legal and can take them for a ride soon :)
No, we just asked if we could have it as memorabilia, and they were happy to oblige.
DeleteThe Vespa might be on the road by September but I doubt that the Harley will be put to action this year, the dealer is 70km away, and a few things have to be modified before the bike can be declared roadworthy. It will likely cost a bit, and our budget is pretty drained right now...
Nice - it's been a while eh? I'd hate to be parted from my horses for as long as you have!
ReplyDeleteAndrew, you can say that out loud. I haven't been on my Sporty since last December... and yet the battery was still alive ;-)
DeleteSonja, I guess the arrival of the bikes completes the move. Once the paperwork is done, the page will be well turned on the BC chapter of your lives.
ReplyDeleteIt would be really nice if one day we got to ride again.
All the best,
David
David, the most difficult episodes of the move are over indeed. I am sure we will ride together again, either on our or your side of the ocean.
DeleteWoohoo - glad they finally arrived and started right away.
ReplyDeleteLots of paperwork and procedures - seems to be a recurring theme for you two.
What do you have to have modified on the Harley to be legal over there?
Everything that has been mounted extra (windshield, crash bars etc. need special certification or it has to be removed. Also the Sporty might fail the environmental test and not get it's 'green badge' unless another exhaust is installed. I will find out once I present it to the authorities.
DeleteWoohoo indeed! Looking forward to seeing the reception that Badass Sonja, the Biker Chick gets on her Harley. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteGeoff, it will be quite special for a female riding a Harley in this neck of the woods, I have seen Sportsters but so far they seemed to belong to male riders.
DeleteReunited and it feels so good. Singing that song in my head now. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy Rover and Bella are safe and sound and back. I don't know if I could stand the separation. Hopefully the certifications and approvals are smooth.