Pages

September 27, 2013

Every Evening of this Week...

... we got in some riding time. The spousal unit finished off work early enough to be able to spend the remaining two hours of daylight with me on the Vespas, and to get to know the area a bit better.
With the change of season kicking in, and the days getting shorter this window of opportunity will be over in a few weeks, and we will soon be confined to weekend trips.
But thanks to The-Powers-That-Be there will be an important holiday (unity day) coming up next Thursday, and we hope that the weather will play along nicely for us to get in a bit more weekday saddle time.
***

Jeden Abend dieser Woche...
... waren der Gatte und ich auf unseren Vespen unterwegs. Roland konnte früh genug Feierabend machen, so dass uns immer noch zwei schöne Stunden Tageslicht blieben, und so konnte er unsere Umgebung mal etwas näher kennen lernen. Leider wird sich dieses Zeitfenster bald schließen, denn die Tage werden kürzer und die Arbeitstage bestimmt länger... Aber demnächst gibt es ja mit dem Tag der Deutschen Einheit wieder einen freien Tag und im Oktober hoffen wir auch noch auf einige schöne Wochenenden.

15 comments:

  1. Nice action shots. How many times did you make him ride back and forth before capturing the perfect shot? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, they are far from perfect because I had the wrong function selected on the camera. Well, I didn't want Roland to ride back and forth several time, hence this was a one time thing.

      Delete
  2. Every evening? Now I am really feeling lazy.

    Good for you two for taking advantage of the daylight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, between 60 to 120km. Not much but nice and twisty.

      Delete
  3. SonjaM, may I suggest using auto mode but move with the target, to blur the background....or perhaps sports mode....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dom. It's a small point and shoot camera. But I will experiment with a few functions. I just didn't feel like it with the fading light.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Trobairitz ... every evening?! I'm hoping hubby and I can get out on our motorcycles this weekend. We'll see how he feels (recovering from a broken collar bone) and if the weather cooperates!

    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouchy, broken collar bone is not funny. I hope he'll be good for an outing. The weather turned out to be too good to sit inside this week, and hubby has a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonja:

    It takes me an hour to get out of the city and by the time the traffic dies down it is dark. You are so lucky to be where you are. I mean from my place to your old place in Pt Moody takes about an hour in traffic, then another hour to get home

    at least you are enjoying the weather before it disappears

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Bob. It is tough to find serenity in the area you're in. In PoMo we could do the Buntzen Lake / Belcarra loop but going out to Pitt Lake was also at least 20 to 25 mins away.

      Delete
  7. Terrific that you get to ride at the end of the day ... every minute is a bonus at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. We don't know yet what Black Forest winters will look like.

      Delete
  8. Nice to be able to go for an evening ride. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we live in a pretty pristine spot and can take of into the forest out of a spur of a moment ;-)

      Delete
  9. Good shoot like a action movie really i like drive on bike especially for a long drive

    ReplyDelete