Pages

July 24, 2015

A Staycation


A holiday spent at home rather than abroad... What a weird concept, eh? However, Staycation became perfectly normal to us while in Canada. Weren't we surrounded by breathtaking scenery and with a large variety of outdoor options?

Blue skies
A walk around the old city walls
Old city walls
Entrance to a monastery

Well, living in the Black Forest isn't much of a difference, really. So we simply visited our neighbouring village this afternoon and had a romantic dinner at a local Italian restaurant.

Discovery of an underground storage cavern:


Snippets taken while walking through the village:


 The Italian Restaurant, very nice:


And finally... a walk along the river.


7 comments:

  1. aawww, you live in such a stunning area. that cavern looks nice,and the restaurant has a lovely interior. the food hopefully was quite as good? it's nice to explore the area one is surrounded by, there are so many little things which wait to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful villages close to home, no need to wander anywhere else while on vacation.

    Great pictures too. I like the selfie at the end. Nice to see you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beauty and history is so close when you live in Europe. I love seeing the pictures (or, even better, visiting) and sometimes I'm envious, but then I think of being able to get on the bike and just ride, for kilometre after kilometre, often without seeing any other traffic, and I realize everywhere has something special if you just look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I'd do a staycation there, too. That pic of the two of you is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been doing staycations for quite some years now and no other vacation was more relaxing and enjoyable than those. So it's gonna be staycations for us again this year and looking forward to it. Your area is very special, so much to see and explore. Nice pictures. Bianka

    ReplyDelete