Pages

May 24, 2017

Here today, gone tomorrow


Although my better half was not planning on using/riding Bella, the red 250cc Vespa, anytime soon, we both agreed that our Italian-Canadian scooter would not ever leave the household. Anyway, decisions had to be made. So, in the end we came to the conclusion to let go of Alonzo, my orange GTS300 Supersport, which hurt less than I expected as I get to use Bella regularly instead.

Obwohl meine bessere Hälfte keine weiteren Reisepläne für Bella, die rote 250cc Vespa, hatte, meinten wir beide, dass unsere Kanadisch-Italienische Diva unseren Haushalt niemals verlassen dürfe. Trotzdem mussten Entscheidungen getroffen werden. Also kamen wir zu dem Schluss, dass wir uns von Alonzo, meinem orangenen GTS300 Supersport Roller, verabschieden wollten. Das tat weniger weh, als erwartet, denn schließlich darf ich ja nun Bella regelmäßig ausfahren.


There, you have it: Alonzo is gone. Forever. I had the bike re-certified and serviced last week, and put him up for sale last Friday. He was sold to a very nice (middle-aged) bloke on Monday who didn't even try to negotiate the price, because he was lovestruck on sight of the scooter. Having observed the man's facial expressions I am pretty sure that Alonzo will be in good hands, and will also get the treatment and exercise he deserves. Ride on, my trusty companion!

So, jetzt ist es 'raus. Alonzo ist weg. Für immer. Letzte Woche gab es noch frisch TÜV und eine Inspektion, am Freitag war die Anzeige geschaltet und Montag war die Vespa dann auch schon verkauft und abgeholt, von einem sehr netten Vespista, der im Liebesrausch nicht mal groß verhandelte. Dem Gesichtsausdruck zu urteilen, bin ich sicher, dass ich Alonzo in gute Hände abgebe, und dass er endlich wieder genügend Auslauf bekommt. Wohlan, mein treuer Geselle...

21 comments:

  1. Och nöööö, neee!? ... Tschöööö, Kleiner, mach's gut und denk ab und zu mal an uns :.( /""

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nun habe ich weniger schlechtes Gewissen beim Wandern.... im letzten Jahr bin ich nicht mal 1000km auf Alonzo gefahren.

      Delete
  2. Es ist immer schwer wenn ein Familienmitglied gehen muß....*snief*
    Aber immerhin hast ja auch noch Deine HD...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richtig, Marcus. Und gerade die Harley braucht dieses Jahr endlich mal wieder ein bisschen Auslauf.

      Delete
  3. Better Alonzo go to a home where he gets ridden more often I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Dom. The bike don't get better while standing idle. And I am now regularly using Bella for the commute to work.

      Delete
  4. Always sad to see a trusted companion go though? I guess that's part of the emotional commitment we have towards bikes that we love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emotional commitment? Bah, Humbug! (While secretly wiping away the tears). Got something in my eye.

      Delete
  5. An Orange Vespa without the silly North American side reflectors? Not that a red Vespa is ugly, but still...I am quite partial to my orange machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't easy but keeping the Canadian scooter just made more sence. I hope that I'm not going to regret this.

      Delete
  6. It will be odd not to not see the striking orange again your beautiful landscape. I am sure the red one will still suit you just fine though instead.

    I am glad he is going to a good home, that helps doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having seen the appreciation in the face of its new owner helped indeed, Brandy.

      Delete
  7. It's always nice to see them go to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, it seems important (at least to me), David.

      Delete
    2. Not odd at all, I'm the same way.

      Delete
  8. Sonja, I honestly wish that I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If so, you had been the first to ask, Doug. And Alonzo might have followed you home....

      Delete
  9. Schade um das orange Bonbon. Aber gut zu wissen, dass er einen neuen "Freunde" Gefunden hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Immer schade, aber manchmal macht es finanziell und auch sonst keinen Sinn, daran zu hängen.

      Delete
  10. Ooch!! Sad Face! But I completely understand. She's gonna get some love and exercise and you have some great memories and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. at least he got a good home. Loved the color.

    ReplyDelete