Pages

May 19, 2011

Let the season begin

My usual detour after work when I'm on the bike. Rocky Point looks different every day depending on the change of seasons, time of the day, the tides and the weather.
The evening sun paints a crisp shadow of Paolo.

Somewhere in between this ocean and mountainside
I have this dream I think of it still sometimes
I know it's just the season
I sense no time or reason

"Taken from the song 'The Season' by The Dodos

The season of new life
The season to ride
 The season to enjoy the 'other' outdoors
The season to enjoy fish&chips (at Pajo's)

Life is good!

8 comments:

  1. I agree, Let the season begin! It's past time to start!! :)
    I like the kayaks. We need to get ours down and take them for a paddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUr season is begining too....winter! Enjoy your summer it is well overdue. I truly hope you gets lots of riding in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the pictures. Now if it would only stop raining here we could get out and enjoy our new season too. I'm beginning to think I somehow clicked my heels and have been transported to Vancouver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @bluekat: I can't wait to get out on the water again although that will put some restraints on my riding... so much to do so little time.
    @Raftnn: Winter in Norther Kiwi Land. I bet you won't see much snow in the area.
    @Canajun: Beware, we also get our share of rain. However the last three days were mostly sunny for a change. Hope that will alst a while.
    @Charlie6: You had to ask this, eh? I can't find the time to take her out while busy with juggling work and the little social life I have left. I feel guilty when I see her sitting in the garage. Paolo is a way better option to zip around in town (and even more fuel efficient.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine, beautiful scenery, riding and fish and chips! It doesn’t get much better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was one glorious day to take advantage of!! You keep giving me reasons to start looking at a scooter... :(

    Glad you had a great day.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. @BeemerGirl: Sometimes the scooter is just right for the ride ahead, and bonus, a back-up two-wheeler in case my Beemer is in maintenance.

    ReplyDelete