Pages

May 04, 2014

Crossing Borders


Gary Motorcycling France: Okay Sonja, it is challenge time. You are lucky to be near many borders, so how about you riding in Germany, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Austria all in one weekend. That should be a great ride! 



2 peeps, 2 Vespas, 4 days, 5 countries, 886km, and a lot of rain. Mission accomplished on Labour Day Weekend 2014. Pics & story to follow...

***

Kleiner Grenzverkehr
Gary, einer unserer Motorradbekanntschaften, forderte uns heraus, fünf Ländergrenzen an einem Wochenende zu überschreiten, was wir hiermit am vergangenen langen Wochenende "abgehakt" haben: 2 Leute auf 2 Vespas, 4 Tage, 5 Länder (Deutschland, Schweiz, Österreich, Liechtenstein, Frankreich), 886km und mächtig viel Regen. Einen Tourenbericht gibt es später...

6 comments:

  1. Boah! Das ist soooooo cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool trip! Can't wait for the write up. Love that it's on scooters. I still think that must be a fun way to travel. Little faster and easier than bicycle, but still at a nice "stop and smell the roses" kind of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja:

    You are so lucky. We used to cross our US border all the time before 9/11 it was easy. Now on the Weekend the lines can be over 4 hours. That's what it was on our last long weekend. Some people were waiting over 5 hours to get across the border. It was 3 hours long on Saturday morning. The last time I had to push my bike nearly a mile, a few feet at a time as the line creeped so now I don't go often and if I do it is always before 6am, and even then I have to wait 15-20 minutes.

    I cannot get to Alberta in one day. It's around 1,000 km mostly on secondary roads. So you are blessed with so much to see in such short distances

    bob
    A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's were Lichtenstein is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 05, 2014

    Trobairitz has left a new comment on your post "Crossing Borders":

    Awesome!! So looking forward to reading the ride report. Nice that you were able to get away for a few days even if it was raining.

    ReplyDelete