It was quite windy when we began scouting the Circle Route, which leads west to Port Renfrew, and than over a (newly paved) logging road to Cowichan Lake, and via Duncan back to Victoria.

For a lunch break I highly recommend the clam chowder served at Point-No-Point Resort, where you can enjoy the scenery, and watch wildlife while waiting for your food.
A room with a View
The quality of the road is challenging at times, as there are potholes, cracks and tar snakes in the pavement, single lanes, slippery wooden bridges, patches of gravel and steep curves. And beware of the logging trucks, they are reckless drivers, knowing that their truck is stronger than your vehicle.
Well worth visiting is the Sooke Potholes Provincial Park, French Beach, and later on Botanical Beach at Port Renfrew.
Beach at Port Renfrew
Kite Surfing, I wish I was twenty again.
Reflections
Oops! Pick-up's are not amphibious.
Smoky Mountains
SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteI did that loop last September.
Here is my ride report posted on StromTrooper.com
I am on other M/C forums and use the name "bESS". Stands for BEE ESS, Bobskoot
http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=44747
3 of us went on this ride, which includes CHUCK, from "One a day - Mostly Seattle"
Glad you had a chance to Drive it.
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
SonjaM,
ReplyDeleteNice tour and great pictures - thank you! What's with the truck? I've never been to Vancouver Island. Victoria looks kind of European.
@ Mike, thanks! When I spoke to the policeman who secured the scene, I was told that the driver lost control. Speed might have been a factor. There are no guardrails, so the truck must have flipped over and landed in the gorge.
ReplyDelete