One less popular, yet likewise capturing sad story is the fate of the Christmas tree.
While walking in the woods and thinking about I was wondering, ok, Andersen explained the fate of the poor fir tree, yet what doom awaits all those carved pumpkins after Halloween? Here's my oxygen overdose induced attempt to an explanation after a hike in the Mount Douglas Park.
Silently greet the gargoyle guarding the haunted forest.
Don't blink! Don't turn around!
Follow the mystic path in front of you.
Be careful, the old stairs will be slippery and unstable.
Here, forgotten from the world, they wither and die... in silence.
Apologies, I am in a weird mood today.
SonjaM:
ReplyDeleteExcellent story. You should write a children's book with lots of illustrations. Are you still over in Victoria ?
bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin
Thanks a lot! The bedtime stories that I occasionally tell my niece and nephew tend to be a little morbid but usually the little ones like it.
ReplyDeleteDid some scouting on the circle route today.
I will be headed back to Calgary tomorrow at noon ;-( but hope to return to the we(s)t coast next spring.
Wonderful! I've thought the same things. Even wondered about golden raisins running off to join the circus. (Inspired by a lost raisin on the carpet and a station that played "I Heard It Through the Grapvine" 24 hours a day for weeks!) Great photos. -Lori
ReplyDelete