Me: (not happy) Great! Victoria Day weekend is on, and of course has to rain cats and dogs!
Hubby: It's too wet to ride, so what's left to do? (Hoping for a relaxing day on the couch.)
Me: Go hiking!
Hubby: Still wet, though... (sigh!)
So, yesterday we did the Buntzen Lake Loop.
9.2 km in 2h 6 min
It's a short and easy hike.
Only moderately steep sections, and the trail was of good quality.
Only moderately steep sections, and the trail was of good quality.
It never ceases to amaze me how close we live to nature.
Nice feature: A suspension bridge!
Weekend Wet Coast Style! More rain today means:
More hiking.
Happy Victoria Day!
Note: A rainy day off is better than no day off at all.


Sonja,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of retirement is that every day is a day off - especially the days I "work" as a writer covering the Portland Sea Dogs.
Tom
Ah, retirement. Still far away for me...
DeleteThomas:
DeleteAh Retirement, maybe one day . . .
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube
I'm with Thomas... non-stop motorcycling, doing just as I please....
ReplyDelete(yeah, right...)
Lovely photos as always Sonja! Don't forget, you have youth on your side :-)
Doing as you please? Ha, ha. Only while Jennie is cruising Europe... I take it she left you with a long honey-do list, eh?
DeleteSpectacular photos, I love the suspension bridge. It looks like a fun day.
ReplyDeleteThank you, it certainly was, despite the rain.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI'll take a rainy day or two like those! Great shots.
ReplyDeleteI will send you some over, we get plenty.
DeleteSend us that rain SonjaM, it would help with the current forest fire near Fort Collins....
ReplyDeleteAs a bonus, some of that rain would be snow up in the mountains...
dom
Redleg's Rides
Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner
I have to figure out how... can it be fedexed? I hope the forest fire is limited and can be managed.
DeleteOoooh hiking in the rain. Doesn't the forest just smell better in the rain?
ReplyDeleteWe've been fighting with rain here too only we must have been channeling your hubby on Sunday and had a day on the sofa.
Fingers crossed the rain is supposed to stop for our long weekend coming up. Probably not, but the forecast gives us hope.
Enjoy your day off today.
I keep my fingers crossed for better wetter for next weekend.
DeleteAnd you are right, the smell that comes with rain is nice.
Beautiful photos. And a pretty nice suspension bridge. This is an urban trail?
ReplyDeleteSomewhat close to urban, the trail head is about 15 minutes from where I live.
DeleteSeriously no more rain! :-)
ReplyDeleteChris, I really feel sorry for you...
DeleteDont feel too sorry for me. I am not sitting in a cube staring at a computer. ;-)
Delete