Hence, I haven't seen much besides a couple of Tim's along the road to warm up with a cuppa tea and to warm/dry up my gloves with the blow dryer.
I say goodbye to Gaspé Peninsula, and hello to New Brunswick, where I enter a different time zone, and better weather (it might be grey, but hey, at least its dry).
My plans had included to spend the night at Maison McKenzie B&B but on my arrival nobody is home, and there is no answer to the provided cell phone number. So I am taking my business elsewhere.
I ride down the road to find a Super 8 Motel, which comes with a swimming pool, and a Sobey's supermarket right across the street. On top of it I get a senior's discount. At the time of check-in I didn't know if I should cry or laugh about that but hey: 10% saved! Whatever, I'll take it!
After a hot shower I feel reasonably warmed up on the outside. I check on the bike, then I walk down to the tourist information. The lady at the reception recommends a nearby Vietnamese restaurant, where soup and spicy veggies get me warmed up on the inside. All is well with the world again.
There is J.C. van Horn Bridge in the background, built in 1961 as joint project between the provinces Quebec and New Brunswick as well as Canada. Before there were only ferry traffic.
***
Die deutsche Fassung gibt's wie immer HIER.

There are worse places to spend time than Tim Hortons. Odd maybe, but I kind of enjoy riding in the rain.
ReplyDeleteEvery Tim's is like a home for me... there's wifi and somebody makes a cuppa tea...
DeleteWet gloves are still the one weather issue I continue to work at for year round riding. I carry the "lobster claws" overgloves sold by Aerostich but do I use them? no.....
ReplyDeletehope the weather dries out for ya.
Bought some Held gloves. They seem to do the trick.
DeleteFingers crossed that you get some sunshine. Glad you managed to dry out and find some yummy spicy food.
ReplyDeleteThanks, that good old finger crossing did the trick.
DeleteHope your weather improves. We've had a couple of cold wet days here but heating up again tomorrow. Perhaps it will extend you way as well.
ReplyDeleteToday was a wonderful day, and it is supposed to stay that way for a few more days. Alas, there will be wind...
DeleteAnother nice day today, and the forecast is looking good...
ReplyDeleteThen I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin’
ReplyDeleteBut I’ll know my song well before I start singin’
And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard
It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall
Bob Dylan. 1962.
I didn't feel as poetic as Mr Dylan, when the rain came down. Actually my helmet talk was likely a bit on the sordid side.
Delete